Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images

+92
Custom 333
eclipsegrafx
bladerunner
eman297
Commando 45
captain brick
Darth Dan
KinGanon
80-0
Annihilator
Cobra
Axel
Commander Catsie
~Young Turaga~
mmcb
KalSkirata
Rowz
Cpt Rex
Master of Desaster
Hazard with a Glove
Tac
rubik
(insert name here)
shadowfixer
Alpha
Delta 77-Ponce
commander Hex
commandercodyinc
Knight
deatHstar98
Fithboy
TheMissingPiece
Commanderblueleader96
Rijulskywalker
cln-cmndo
Caboose
cadbane84
^Ninja Trooper^
teckstar68
Jttye
BetaSpartan87
super man commando
vecol05
Funky Cow
luminara34
Clonecommando007
CloneCommanderChaz
Heady
luke500
Thunder-blade
Man on fire
Astor
Rook
someguy577
Commander Mongoose
mazz
rebel trooper
Rogue Jedi
legoduedsunny123
SeargentKano
clone_custom_here
noobswatter
Gerrard
MyOwnCreations
DarthVadar
Bizzle
Captain Tredge
Jpo1997
pdragon27
commanderneyo
Cyrus
-Aki-
PhiMa
Justin Pyne
DarthPineapple
mhankewycz
Green Tee
LPAnimations
Commander Vulcan
RubbahBand
Nave333
Commando Shade
Dutch
Commander Lukas
Chaotic Good
Troopa Daisy
specternizer
1 Million Watts of Power
CommanderStone
fireworkgamer
CT-1256
CloneCommandoXion
96 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Empty Re: All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images

Post by mhankewycz Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Can anyone make a clone trooper Jesse decal? He is the 501st trooper with a blue republic symbol on his helmet. He was on the episode, "The Deserter" of the clone wars. I would provide pictures, but I cannot find any.

Thanks in advance,
Mhankewycz
mhankewycz
mhankewycz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Empty Re: All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images

Post by SeargentKano Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Someone already made his decals. Look back in the forum and you should find it.
SeargentKano
SeargentKano
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mhankewycz Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:18 am

Yes, I already have used those, but I need his body, legs, and arm decals.
mhankewycz
mhankewycz
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by keylon Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:12 am

I was hoping for a couple of clones with belt decals? If it is possible I would greatly appreciate it. Smile
keylon
keylon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:34 am

I am back! Sorry for that short MIA but my wife was having our baby. WOOHOO! 7 lbs 3oz and 17 .3 inches long.

Back on topic though, as I read through different decal application tutorials I notice that the advanced methods have a decal softening agent. Can anyone direct me to the best place to get this online?

I plan on making decals for a long time to come! I am in the middle of doing my first one though so bare with me. CG you should see it soon, I just have to find a way to clean out some room in my cold shed to spray away from the baby.

While away I picked up a Clone Wars comic and let me tell you it was GREAT! I should be posting some more decals in the near future for some ideas I got to take decals to the next step.... at least for story telling purposes.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Post by keylon Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:53 am

Bring them up young, loving lego! Smile
keylon
keylon
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeddy Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 am

Hey guys i was wondering could someone make me a a jedi decal? a white one with clone armour under it and a black one the same please. Front and back.
Jeddy
Jeddy

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:42 pm

I had an issue with my first decals and I think I know the solution but I would like to verify.

I had some slight bleeding and rubbing off of color. Minimal but noticeable in final pieces. Is this due to not enough coating over the decal sheets? I read somewhere today that the fixative coat should be applied to the point of shine? Meaning a shining coat (2-3 coats according to that site) is this true? I did apply several coats but I think I did them from too far back.

I took my decal sheets and went to the shed to apply a closer and heavier coat. Hopefully I didn't screw something up by doing this. If so... we live and learned.

Any advice? Nonetheless I will be finishing the ones I started to show all.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Good Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:34 pm

I read somewhere today that the fixative coat should be applied to the point of shine?

From my experience, that has indeed given the best results. I've sprayed some lightly and heavily, and the lightly sprayed ones have been more prone to having the ink run.

Now that I recall, my earlier sheets had more cases of ink running because I didn't put enough spray on. Now, I do it until they 'shine' on the sheet or apply a rather heavy coat.
Chaotic Good
Chaotic Good
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticgood01/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Well any time I made a decal sheet and sealed the whole decal sheet become all bumpy is this caused by air bubble's?
Dutch
Dutch
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44331831@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Its a good thing to know and revise on your tutorial;). Though I do think it is the best way to learn. Trial and error. My first clone trooper came out like an after trooper but my son will love it nonetheless.

Steps for new people to keep in mind in my opinion:

1. Clean out the print heads
2. Gloss coat your decal sheets
3. Fail forward. Most of the tutorials that I see on here are only for guidance, they aren't Iron Clad. To many variables to try and make a perfect tutorial.
4. Printer settings may vary. I personally see better results when the inkjet is set to high quality and speed. Allowing for a more even coating of ink and no blotting and streaks due to too much ink.
5. HAVE FUN!
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by First Brick Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Does anyone have some good WWII decals? (Germans,Americans,Russians,etc...) Someone help...
First Brick
First Brick
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/FirstBrickStudios

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:51 pm

eclipsegrafx wrote:I had an issue with my first decals and I think I know the solution but I would like to verify.

I had some slight bleeding and rubbing off of color. Minimal but noticeable in final pieces. Is this due to not enough coating over the decal sheets? I read somewhere today that the fixative coat should be applied to the point of shine? Meaning a shining coat (2-3 coats according to that site) is this true? I did apply several coats but I think I did them from too far back.

I took my decal sheets and went to the shed to apply a closer and heavier coat. Hopefully I didn't screw something up by doing this. If so... we live and learned.

Any advice? Nonetheless I will be finishing the ones I started to show all.

From my experience, you have to spray the decal just right. If you spray too little, the ink will come off, but if you spray it too much, the decal doesn't slide off. That's if you're using waterslides. Wink Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Troopa Daisy wrote:but if you spray it too much, the decal doesn't slide off. That's if you're using waterslides. Wink Smile

Well here will be my trial and error stage part 2. I was afraid there was a problem with going too far the other way but I think I can manage being more patient with a non-bleeding decal then a decal that ruins to the touch of anything.

My first complete clone decal came out... close to horrible but my none clone one came out decent. Once I am ready do I show them here or some where else?
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Custom 333 Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:43 pm

I just redid my clone decal! Smile

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Troope11

Obviously the leg design is new, and I darkened the top of the clone armor and made it symmetrical. Whitey

Off topic: This is the "share decal images" thread, not the "fix messy decal paper" thread. Laughing
Custom 333
Custom 333
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutch Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:15 pm

But it's still about decal's. Wink

Could you recommended a good sealant cause the one I have eats the plastic.

@ Custom King your decal doesn't look much like the TLC clone trooper but if you happy that's all that counts.
Dutch
Dutch
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44331831@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm

edit changed color mode: All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Maroon12

Here is one of my latest creations. I think I will have a maroon platoon Kabam!.

Any Thoughts?
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:44 pm

The shade of red is a bit too dark and sort of covers the black. Like on the left side of the torso, there are two black stripes near the circle target thingy but you can hardly see it. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 pm

All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Maroon14

You have a point. It's a WIP. I am not excited about it yet but here is a lighter version.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes, the lighter version looks better. Although the leg doesn't appeal to me as there is a red above a dark red, I must say that the design looks really nice. Wink Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back. Who knows I may scrap it:-p and start from scratch only because I have read a few comics since I did this one (while waiting for my wife to be ready to deliver) and realized my design is "in the box" so to speak and the designs I like are pretty much out of the box thinking.

I will be working on a moc of a comic strip I read first and then figure out the squad design and colors going into it.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Custom 333 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Custom King your decal doesn't look much like the TLC clone trooper but if you happy that's all that counts.

That makes it sound like I'm a 3-year-old who just scribbled on some construction paper. Laughing I know it's not perfect, that is only my second try. And even Lego can't decide on a P2 clone design. Razz
Custom 333
Custom 333
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderStone Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

Custom King wrote:
Custom King your decal doesn't look much like the TLC clone trooper but if you happy that's all that counts.

That makes it sound like I'm a 3-year-old who just scribbled on some construction paper. Laughing I know it's not perfect, that is only my second try. And even Lego can't decide on a P2 clone design. Razz

That's because Lego is trying to make the perfect design so we don't have to use back and body decals.
CommanderStone
CommanderStone
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://commanderstone.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:08 am

I doubt that's why. No matter what design lego comes up with it won't be "perfect" and we , at least I for one, will continue to make my own. Unless they paid me for mine:p.

Wouldn't that be something.... I wonder where I could submit a design. Razz

Last edited by eclipsegrafx on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 am

Heres a little something I worked on, credit to CG for the base. Wink
All Decal Requests & Share Decal Images - Page 39 Clone_10
I guess you could call it mine...I don't think so though. Razz
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum