Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering

+12
Clonecommando007
Gerrard
Hunter of Droids
ghosttrooper
astoriabluelegos
CloneCommandoXion
Jedi Joe
Troopa Daisy
Hazard with a Glove
Knight
Rook
SithFilmer
16 posters

Go down

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Empty Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering

Post by SithFilmer Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Republic Troop Transport [RTT]

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering 4148328442_ac4c6d1aa3

Flickr Set

Well, I've been working on this for the past two days. I learned a lot of new techniques and overcame a lot of obstacles, but I'm still not satisfied with it. One thing that helped was nuilding this in three sections. The front cockpit, the troop area, and the engine/mass-driver area. They're connected with pins and a couple plates on top and bottom. This will make it easier for fixing it up if I get some critique. I'm not sure I got the proportions correct, mainly on the back compartment.

If you have any suggestions, even if it's just a color change of a piece or two, let me know! I'd really like to do a V2, but at the moment I'm not sure what to change or how to change it.

I know I'd have liked to have done this in gray and dark red (Traditional Republic colors) but I didn't have the pieces for it. If you need any more pictures, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by SithFilmer on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Empty Re: Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering

Post by Rook Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Pretty sweet. I would have given just a little text through the smooth parts on the side near the front end.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Empty Re: Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering

Post by Knight Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 pm

It's a bit blocky in some parts, but other than that it's great.
Knight
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazard with a Glove Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Surprisingly well execution! I would like to know if there is an interior.
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:27 pm

I think it looks pretty good, although the back doesn't look as good as the front or middle. Other than that, it looks great! Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:18 am

Rook wrote:Pretty sweet. I would have given just a little text through the smooth parts on the side near the front end.
You mean Photoshopped it in there or brick-built text?
501st Commando wrote:It's a bit blocky in some parts, but other than that it's great.
Thanks. I'm working on a new version that's built around a frame that'll allow for way more sloping. Hopefully I can get it done by this weekend.
Hazard with a Glove wrote:Surprisingly well execution! I would like to know if there is an interior.
There is indeed! Here's the set. It's not very furnished, but hopefully V2 will be.
Troopa Daisy wrote:I think it looks pretty good, although the back doesn't look as good as the front or middle. Other than that, it looks great! Smile
Yeah, I'm not proud of the back...

Thanks guys! Expect a second one!
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:42 am

I attempted one of these once. It failed.

Yours is pretty epic though! It would have been nice to get some rep red in there, but I understand because there isn't really a creative selection in that color... Sad
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:46 am

It looks really well built for sturdyness. Although like the others said it is a little blocky and has an odd shape. Wink But I really like the sides at the back!
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:26 am

Wow she's petty slick! I really like the look, just says "swoosh me". Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ghosttrooper Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm

sweet! how many troops can it hold?
ghosttrooper
ghosttrooper
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Republic Troop Transport - Rothana Heavy Engineering Flag_u10

http://bensylvania.ning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter of Droids Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Somewhat block-ish but overall, good
Hunter of Droids
Hunter of Droids
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:39 am

Jedi Joe wrote:I attempted one of these once. It failed.

Yours is pretty epic though! It would have been nice to get some rep red in there, but I understand because there isn't really a creative selection in that color... Sad
I wouldn't say I succeeded, either. Razz

I've started a new one, actually, that I might be able to use gray and Republic red on. It's based on a frame system, but who knows if I'll finish it (School just picked up again... It really restricts the creative juices). And hopefully it'll only require a few pieces in Rep. red that aren't plates. -- Nevermind, I don't have the pieces or the time.

ghosttrooper wrote:sweet! how many troops can it hold?
If I crammed as many as I could in there; about 17. Comfortably, though, it fits about 10-12.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by SithFilmer on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Woah, it looks pretty cool. Wink

The back part of it is well done, and the coloration is pretty even.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:08 am

You did a perfect job on this I think!!! This is a great rendition of one of the least publicized transport vehicles, used particurally on geonosis. Good work!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Caboose Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 am

Thats pretty sweet. Thats from the original Cartoon Network series correst? Over all design is good.
Caboose
Caboose
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:34 pm

I say the bright red coloring is fine... I seem to recall from the original 2D cartoon series that Republic ships didn't have Republic red, but rather a brighter red. Perhaps that's a fault of the cartoonieness of the series, but whatever. Your design is awesome: blocky or no, that's the way it looks, and thus I say it's well done. Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 am

Clonecommando007 wrote:You did a perfect job on this I think!!! This is a great rendition of one of the least publicized transport vehicles, used particurally on geonosis. Good work!
Thanks! I really wanted to do something I hadn't seen done before, glad you liked it!
Darth Fett wrote:Thats pretty sweet. Thats from the original Cartoon Network series correst? Over all design is good.
No, it's from the old Clone Wars game. But thanks!
80-0 wrote:I say the bright red coloring is fine... I seem to recall from the original 2D cartoon series that Republic ships didn't have Republic red, but rather a brighter red. Perhaps that's a fault of the cartoonieness of the series, but whatever. Your design is awesome: blocky or no, that's the way it looks, and thus I say it's well done. Smile
Yes, I do remember that coloring issue... and it would work if it was from the cartoon (See above answer). But I'm glad you guys still like it!
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clone Marine Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Pretty good. Add some weapons to the top, and it would be great.
Clone Marine
Clone Marine
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://lookatmylego.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Clone Marine wrote:Pretty good. Add some weapons to the top, and it would be great.
Thanks, but this was modeled after an actual canon transport that doesn't have anything like that on the top.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickChalkFilms Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:08 pm

I think this looks amazing! Maybe you could show us the interior? Smile

Read the rules about bumping old topics. - R
BrickChalkFilms
BrickChalkFilms
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum