Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition)

+16
tygerb
Funky Cow
Nocturne
Knight
Jedi Joe
CloneCommandoXion
Commander Four
Hunter of Droids
Gerrard
Superperson
The Jinja Ninja
Troopa Daisy
Zepher
MikeZulu
Ham701
Garet6
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Empty Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition)

Post by Garet6 Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition)

Looks best in HD!

Please comment, criticise and enjoy! Smile
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Flag_u10

http://www.GPPProductions.com

Back to top Go down

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Empty Re: Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition)

Post by Ham701 Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Meh. I wouldn't say the brilliance I was expecting from you. Sure, the special effects were amazing and I liked the original soundtrack, but Big Monkey? I just don't think he was really the greatest role to fit the clones. He's bland and just on the whole brought it down.
Ham701
Ham701
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Flag_g10

Back to top Go down

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Empty Re: Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition)

Post by MikeZulu Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm not usually amused by any of these stop motion Lego movies I see...

But this one... I am impressed, very impressed. The sound and digital effects were outstanding, and the voices are much better, but felt a bit tacky (but your not actors...). An excellent video, even though it's just an improvement on an original movie.

What I didn't like was that the digital lego models, particularly the Venator, were too small scaled (in terms of bricks) and you could have gone for greater detail with them.

I hope that Alone in the Dark stands out just as well.
MikeZulu
MikeZulu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Flag_a10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-zulu/collections/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:38 pm

I enjoyed it so much. I mean, plot wise, they don't actully do much, but the effects were fantastic, and the music added a lot! The opeening take over I enjoyed sso much more this time around, and the voices deeper work much better!

If you ever need aan extra voice, you know who to call Wink
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Flag_u12

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Ham701 wrote:Meh. I wouldn't say the brilliance I was expecting from you. Sure, the special effects were amazing and I liked the original soundtrack, but Big Monkey? I just don't think he was really the greatest role to fit the clones. He's bland and just on the whole brought it down.

So, you didn't like it because of one voice actor? That's pretty shallow.

Thank you Mike and Zeph though! I take your criticism onboard Mike. Wink
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:05 pm

This is very good, Garet! I quite liked the models and the way you added them in to the video! Smile

Are you going to give us any tips on how to make something like that? Wink Razz
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Squad 42 IV - No Alternative (The Remastered Edition) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Troopa Daisy wrote:This is very good, Garet! I quite liked the models and the way you added them in to the video! Smile

Are you going to give us any tips on how to make something like that? Wink Razz

Thank you! I would, but unfortunately i'm far too lazy. Razz
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:53 pm

I agree, I didn't love him as the clones. His voice was decent, not bad in anyway of course, it just didn't really have too much feeling to it.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:22 pm

I am in agreement with everybody about this large simian fellow. He's closer to a clone trooper than yourself with the pitch turned up, but he's also very bland, like cardboard Ready-Brek with no sugar*. A good example is the "This way [...] This way" schtick - you got the tone and stress right in your original and it work as a bit of humour, but he just sort of steamrollers through it without any indication that it's a witticism rather than a straightforward order. Obviously, that's not the only part I feel he got a bit wonky, or there wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not going to sit here and pick apart all the dialogue he did right now. Obviously, if you feel he's the right man for the job, then that's fine - it's not our movie, after all. However (last thing on the voice acting, promise), I will say that I personally would not buy a DVD of Squad 42 if this guy was doing the voices. Just putting that out there.

The rest of the film is fairly praiseworthy. The original stop-motion is, naturally, still great, especially considering the length of the film compared to some of the 'shorts' you see that have far poorer animation. The CGI on top of that, too, is wonderful, giving the whole thing a larger scale than before as well as looking pretty stunning to boot. However, the two look very distinct from one another and don't quite mesh, as if they're oil and water and they're gonna keep seperating unless you put an emulsifier in there. Now, I don't know what the stop motion/CGI equivalent of an emulsifier is, but you need one. Maybe get really advanced and combine the two in some shots, so it doesn't look so drastic when you change from one to the other. I dunno.

On the soundtrack... well, your music guy is no John Williams, but he did a pretty good job. Less repetition and more variation within a piece would be nice, and perhapd try and develop some leitmotifs; they're always nice.

On the whole, a good job but with a few bumps that need ironing out. I'm looking forward to the remastered AitD and the sixth S42.

*I always preferred Ready-Brek with jam, actually. Or golden syrup. Honey was nasty, though...
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Superperson Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:49 pm

I love the new voices. This movie is great.
Superperson
Superperson
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:58 pm

I enjoyed watching this alot Garet. Though the clones voices were a bit dull, I can see the work you put into this. Wink
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter of Droids Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:40 pm

It was good, but the clones were bland and it lacking any real action like clone to droid fights.
Hunter of Droids
Hunter of Droids
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Four Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Better, but very bland. Not a lot of action. But other than that it was very good!
Commander Four
Commander Four
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Oh, look, it appears we have another outbreak of blandbonic plague in the comments. Guys, FIND ANOTHER ADJECTIVE.
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:25 pm

That took some time and effort. Wink But really that was great! Loved the effects, loved the story. But as the others said the clones were a tad boring, the voices are fine but there could have been a little more action. But none the less it was epic! Are you gonna keep the same tune at the start of 'alone in the dark'? I really like that 'intro' music. Smile
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 pm

The music was alright, there was too much of it though, and what happened to the high pitched voices of the Clones? Sad

The CGI was amazing though! It really enhanced the story! Smile
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 pm

I love the effects. The mini of the city and the other minis are very nice as well. Overall the remastered edition is amazing. I can't wait to see the 5th remastered.
Knight
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturne Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:52 pm

It was pretty good, but I liked the first voices better the new ones were good but I actually liked the old ones better.
Nocturne
Nocturne
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Cow Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Nocturne wrote:It was pretty good, but I liked the first voices better the new ones were good but I actually liked the old ones better.

The old high pitched ones wanted me to rip my ears out and eat them.

Anyways I really enjoyed this, I really liked all the minis. Good job.
Funky Cow
Funky Cow
Funkadelic

Back to top Go down

Post by tygerb Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 am

Hola Wow! That was epic. The speacial effects were amazing, the voices were great, I loved it!
tygerb
tygerb
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 am

Funky Cow wrote:
Nocturne wrote:It was pretty good, but I liked the first voices better the new ones were good but I actually liked the old ones better.

The old high pitched ones wanted me to rip my ears out and eat them.

That was my thinking behind it too. Wink
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Excellent example of why we have you on the council. Can't imagine how many hours that took. Can't wait to see you hit the big time and join Lucas for some 2011 Clone Wars Episodes. Laughing
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Rook wrote:Excellent example of why we have you on the council. Can't imagine how many hours that took.

I'm not sure whether to be honoured...

Rook wrote:...and join Lucas for some 2011 Clone Wars Episodes. Laughing

...or offended! Razz
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Quite a fascinating achievement on the video scene. The voices, in my opinion, are a huge improvement over the previous voices. I really must admit I neither know anything nor care anything about who did the voices, whether he be a big monkey or a little one, but a Concord Dawn accent is hard enough to nail down, and I'm sure you did your best.

Moving on, I was amused to see that the video is approximately six minutes and 42 seconds long. Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

80-0 wrote:Quite a fascinating achievement on the video scene. The voices, in my opinion, are a huge improvement over the previous voices. I really must admit I neither know anything nor care anything about who did the voices, whether he be a big monkey or a little one, but a Concord Dawn accent is hard enough to nail down, and I'm sure you did your best.

Thank you, you're the first person to describe it as 'fascinating'! Razz

Moving on, I was amused to see that the video is approximately six minutes and 42 seconds long. Razz

Possibly because, technically speaking, it's also my 6th (completed) Squad 42 episode! Wink
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next