Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Force 3

+5
SithFilmer
Halen
Bossk
rc-1798
Rogue
9 posters

Go down

Shadow Force 3 Empty Shadow Force 3

Post by Rogue Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Shadow Force III

A spy has infiltrated a Republic stronghold and is releasing imperative intel to the confederate enemy to target important Republic facilities. Shadow Force assists a group of clones to chase down the spy...

This is the newest release of the Epic, Shadow Force Series.
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/user/commandershaun

Back to top Go down

Shadow Force 3 Empty Re:Shadow Force 3

Post by rc-1798 Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

It's good but I think that's a very un-realistic chase sequence.
rc-1798
rc-1798
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Shadow Force 3 Empty Re: Shadow Force 3

Post by Bossk Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 pm

That's pretty nice and I like how realistic the movement is but maybe the chase could've been sped up a little bit to make it appear more frantic or intense.
Bossk
Bossk
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Halen Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Pretty good but like the others have said the chase scene is lacking. I think that that is because the minifig walk animation is about the same as the run. IMO if the minifigs had a longer stride it would make the illusion of running better. Also some more dynamic action would help, such as something other than walking in straight lines.
Halen
Halen
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by SithFilmer Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm gonna be brutal and thorough.

I believe this suffers from pacing issues first and foremost. There were a lot of awkward pauses and gaps in the dialogue. If the characters responded to each other faster it would seem much more realistic (it also seemed like they started gesturing before they started talking). The tank scene lacked emotion, too; the line "Ambush. Let's get out of here" was delivered so plainly it was almost comedic and lacked the dramatic quality I'm sure you were going for.

A lot of what makes good movies good is the response time of characters or events to other characters and events, and if you can't nail that down the entire film suffers greatly. While I think the story is a bit cheesy and overdone, this would be a very nice film to watch if you could just speed everything way up.

There were almost constant camera bumps, though I can understand that more, as I used to use a digital camera and had to press the button on it instead of just clicking "Enter" on the computer.

As Halen said, more dynamic stuff is needed. Maybe a fight scene during the chase, definitely more blasterfire (they had their weapons the whole time and had the spy in their sights the whole time; why didn't they shoot?).

Overall your sets were acceptable, but they lacked detail and the functionality of it was left in question. Having dark blue 2x4's sticking out of the door frame looks very awkward. I think it would've looked a lot better with headlight bricks and tiles instead. It's much more subtle that way, which definitely adds to a film. I liked your color schemes, however simple. Bley with dark blue compliment each other nicely (though it might be more suited to a CIS base or some such thing).

Some establishing shots would have also been nice, instead of just following right behind the characters the entire time. The base seems extensive, and even if you didn't build much you've successfully given the illusion that it's a big complex, so being able to see that and where it's placed would add more depth to the film.

About the only thing I really did like was the cinematography/lighting (and some of the set design), which is basically what's keeping this film from being just another mediocre Clone Wars movie. I don't want to sound like I'm an absolute expert when it comes to brickfilming, but if feel that if you take my advice you'll turn out better films. It might be harder, but that's what film making is all about; hard work and determination.
SithFilmer
SithFilmer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 am

tl;dr ^
Anyway, okay filmwork. It could be better.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Beta Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 am

Not bad, but the scenario like the others said is unrealistic. Why wouldn't the spy be armed? Why would he just walk around? Why wouldn't the battle droids attack? The trooper did say it was dangerous.
Alpha Beta
Alpha Beta
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by bl*c Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:53 am

Rogue wrote:This is the newest release of the Epic, Shadow Force Series.
And epic it was! 😁
I guess you should do whatever SithFilmer said for Shadow Force IV, if there is one.

You will make one, because this is an awesome series...
bl*c
bl*c
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50744850@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerial Trooper Nitro Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Nice movie, but for some reason the running seemed a bit choppy :scratch:. Other than that it was one epic movie!
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Aerial Trooper Nitro
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Shadow Force 3 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum