Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case?

4 posters

Go down

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Empty Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case?

Post by Captain Fordo Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:25 pm

I am in the midst of creating a display case to display my minifigs and was going to make it somewhat similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Star-Wars-Custom-Display-Case-for-18-minifig-clone_W0QQitemZ160205307718QQihZ006QQcategoryZ19009QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I have the inner lego part figured out but I'm not sure where to get the frame, does anyone have any ideas on where I could buy a frame similar to this one?

~Fordo Yo!
Captain Fordo
Captain Fordo
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Empty Re: Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case?

Post by legorevolution Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:53 pm

Captain Fordo wrote:I am in the midst of creating a display case to display my minifigs and was going to make it somewhat similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lego-Star-Wars-Custom-Display-Case-for-18-minifig-clone_W0QQitemZ160205307718QQihZ006QQcategoryZ19009QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I have the inner lego part figured out but I'm not sure where to get the frame, does anyone have any ideas on where I could buy a frame similar to this one?

~Fordo Yo!

I actually have no idea where you could get that frame sorry, but I was thinking it would be pretty sweet if you made the case out of lego (assuming it's fairly small).
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Empty Re: Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case?

Post by Uberlag Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Just get like a sheet of clear plastic (or fiberglass or whatever), make a frame, screw the fiberglass into the frame with a drill.
BOOM!
You've got display case!
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 pm

Art's & Craft store or home design would be the best. You can get a picture frame that has an inch or 2 from the back to the glass. However they tend to be $$$. I like to have mine (whole sets) out where people can pick them up and look at them.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Can someone give me some suggestions for a Display Case? Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fordo Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Rook wrote:Art's & Craft store or home design would be the best. You can get a picture frame that has an inch or 2 from the back to the glass. However they tend to be $$$. I like to have mine (whole sets) out where people can pick them up and look at them.

Yeah I thought about having an open display like that...but alas, I have little 6-year-old hands who like to "play" with my legos...and by play I mean pretend they can fly by throwing them down a flight of stairs (yes that actually happened to my Slave I). I've put my vehicles in a closet with various shelves (up high so they are safe). However I want my figs to be out for people to see, but I dont want my nice customs to get broken. Maybe I'll head out to Michaels or ACmoure (sp?) to see if there are any picture frames like the one you described. Thanks.

~ Fordo Yo!
Captain Fordo
Captain Fordo
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down