Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport

+10
Rabid Squirrel
Troopa Daisy
Knight
Rook
Danester Man
pyro of the 19th
Halen
TheMissingPiece
customclonerjay
Bizzle
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Empty Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport

Post by Bizzle Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport 5532537881_abee53fc65

So this is my latest WIP, its been in the works for about 5 months. I got the inspiration for this from Knights transport. It is meant to be able to hold 15ish troopers, 2 speeders or 5 medvac things along with medical personal. Or it can be a gunship, kinda like the modern day AC-130, with the ability to have up to 3 different types of guns mounted on one side, allowing room for gunners and maintenance droids.

I have done a little more work on this. I'm unsure if it should be a futuristic transport or if I should keep with my original idea (which is talked about about). So if you guys have any thoughts/ideas let me know.

Last edited by Bizzle on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Empty Re: Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport

Post by Bizzle Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Updated with a new picture... Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas for improvement.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Empty Re: Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport

Post by customclonerjay Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

That green on the engines? looks weird IMO. Try replacing it whith white or red that might look better. Wink Also try making the top have snot and make it more curved like the cockpit. Surprised
customclonerjay
customclonerjay
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/people/jay3e45/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 pm

customclonerjay wrote:That green on the engines? looks weird IMO. Try replacing it whith white or red that might look better. Wink Also try making the top have snot and make it more curved like the cockpit. Surprised

Thanks for the input...I probably should have made it more clear but the only parts of this that are done would be the cockpit area, the inside and the engines, minus the green.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by customclonerjay Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Maybe you should have. Laughing Anyway yeah, those suggestions might be good.
customclonerjay
customclonerjay
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/people/jay3e45/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMissingPiece Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Give it wings, not unlike those on the LAAT, but not as wide.
TheMissingPiece
TheMissingPiece
Council Member
Council Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_other_missing_piece/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:36 am

TheMissingPiece wrote:Give it wings, not unlike those on the LAAT, but not as wide.

I've thought of that but IMO it would be fairly hard to add a good set of wings to it. The design doesn't really make it easy to add wings. Plus alot of SW ships have wings... I kinda like to buck the trend.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Halen Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 am

Personally I think the static engines don't work for a people mover. I'd try a four engine VTOL configuration.
Halen
Halen
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by pyro of the 19th Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Looks like it's coming on great! Smile I'd suggest stuff but it's already been said! Razz
pyro of the 19th
pyro of the 19th
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52972569@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Commander Halen wrote:Personally I think the static engines don't work for a people mover. I'd try a four engine VTOL configuration.

Ohh I like the VOTL idea. Where would I place them though? I'm thinking maybe I redo parts of the cockpit and add them right behind it and the towards the back, remove the engines and place them there.... It would be like a futuristic Chinook. I really like that idea, thanks Halen!
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Danester Man Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:19 am

I think it would look better without the dark red engine things.
Danester Man
Danester Man
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Halen Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:48 am

Bizzle wrote:
Ohh I like the VOTL idea. Where would I place them though? I'm thinking maybe I redo parts of the cockpit and add them right behind it and the towards the back, remove the engines and place them there.... It would be like a futuristic Chinook. I really like that idea, thanks Halen!

That was my thinking then have inbetween the engines open or with hatches the flip up/down so the troops can pile out.
Halen
Halen
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Is the post a WIP too!? :scratch: Razz
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Commander Halen wrote:
Bizzle wrote:

That was my thinking then have inbetween the engines open or with hatches the flip up/down so the troops can pile out.

Gotcha, I actually am already working on this. Wow this thing looks

Are you talking about that code rook? Damn, I'll go delete it..
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:39 am

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Do you have any plans for the top yet?
Knight
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:00 am

Knight wrote:I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Do you have any plans for the top yet?

Yea, I have some plans for the top. Just trying to figure out what looks good.

Question:

Would the VOTL "engines" look better as pods or like circular things with fans in the middle. I have the circular ones formed but they look kinda weird.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 am

Most VTOLs that are in the scifi world usually have fans on them like in Halo but if you're going for more SW like than I would suggest pods because we don't see much of fans in the SW universe. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 am

Pictures of these engines please?
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Here are 2 pictures of the rear engine pod and a picture of where the front engine pod will go. The back pod is about 10-12 studs long and the front pod will be 8 studs long. The design of the pods is taken from the Halo pelican and various other VOTL style aircraft. Each pod has two powerful fans that can direct the air out of the side vents (as seen on the rear pod) allowing for the ship to take off or land vertically. The pods also have a small amount of movement allowing them to tilt up or down to assist during take off. This is meant to be a modern version of the chinook/black hawk. So there are two opening in the side that allow for the mounting of a BA minigun/LMG.

Rear pod:

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9710

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9711

Front pod placement:

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9712

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

*VTOL not VOLT. Wink
Vertical Take Off and Landing.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 pm

BUMP!!

Here is what I have so far, I worked for about 3 hours yesterday to get the weapons rack/backpack rack area all finished. I think it looks pretty good. Any tips? Also here are pictures of the engine pods.

Weapons rack:

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9810

Front Engine Pod:
Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9811

Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9812

Back Engine Pod:
Updated: Futuristic Military VOLT Troop Transport Dsc_9813

So if you guys have any tips on how to improve the wing pods that would be awesome! I am not planning on changing the weapons area. So not tips on how to change that please...
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Flak Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:03 am

Wow, the weapon/backpack area looks really nice. As for the pods as well. But, are you going to add those to a vehicle or ship?

Last edited by Captain Flak on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64445592@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am

Weapons area looks really clean. Thumbs up If you're going to make the engine pod/above wing studless than that would be pretty good. Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:52 am

I think it looks great so far. But I think on the front engines you should make the wings larger, and also put some fins or wings on the back ones.
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Are you buying one piece at a time? Razz Sorry just taking a really long time to build a ship. Sad
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum