Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIS Artillery Cruiser

+5
DarthPineapple
major reviss
J4ke
Jedi Joe
80-0
9 posters

Go down

CIS Artillery Cruiser Empty CIS Artillery Cruiser

Post by 80-0 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 pm

I was always very much impressed with Star Wars Artillery pieces, like the SPHAT or the HAG, and the same with real artillery pieces like the American 105mm Priest.

But the Republic had a light artillery piece(the SPLAT), so why shouldn't the CIS? That's why I made this:

Just click the link for this and the next three; I messed it up. Razz

https://servimg.com/view/12075951/260

https://servimg.com/view/12075951/261The main power source is also its weak spot.

https://servimg.com/view/12075951/262 V-19s took advantage of this and swept in to take out these cruisers before the army could approach the target.

[url]CIS Artillery Cruiser Img_2420 Thrusters.

CIS Artillery Cruiser Img_2421 The main purpose of this Artillery Cruiser is to fire light shells in quick succession at clone soldiers. It had poor accuracy but two or three could easily fling a Republic ground army into dissarray. Even still, the highly articulatable main cannon could swivel around and fire a steady laser at the enemy should they get too close.

CIS Artillery Cruiser Img_2422 It's driven in a somewhat primitive manner, by a battle droid(in this instance, a Commander. Sometimes there are so many Cruisers on a battlefield at one time that order is required) whose head is deactivated and is plugged in directly to the Cruiser through the little grey thing. Wink

Enjoy! Smile

Last edited by CommandoEighty-Oh on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CIS Artillery Cruiser Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

CIS Artillery Cruiser Empty Re: CIS Artillery Cruiser

Post by Jedi Joe Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Very nice! Small and sleek, and still holding the Lego look.
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:22 pm

The front is nice, very smooth and relatively well built-up. However, the rear, with those two Sith Infiltrator wings stuck upwards, doesn't really work.The thrusters are a nice breakup from the bley colours, but they cones on the end break the flow. The main cannon is good, and the mountaing, while not the most aesthetically plesaing, is at least functional.

So all in all, not bad at all... Smile

Last edited by J4ke on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CIS Artillery Cruiser Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10606714@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:24 pm

J4ke wrote:The rear is nice, very smooth and relatively well built-up. However ,the front, with those two Sith Infiltrator wings stuck upwards, doesn't really work.The thrusters are a nice breakup from the bley colours, but they cones on the end break the flow. The main cannon is good, and the mountaing, while not the most aesthetically plesaing, is at least functional.

So all in all, not bad at all... Smile

I understand most of your post but I think you are looking at it backwards. Razz

When you say the two Sith Infiltrator wings stuck upwards that's the back where the power generator is. I know that regardless of where it is it's ungainly and I'm gonna mod it nonetheless, but that is NOT the front. Wink
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:25 pm

I realised a second after I posted it, sorry about that. I've edited it now. Embarassed
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 pm

J4ke wrote:I realised a second after I posted it, sorry about that. I've edited it now. Embarassed

No problem! I'm glad enough you took the time to comment! Smile

Also, I'm gonna take your advice and reverse the thrusters so they look more... Thrustery. Razz Plus, I'll make the generator a bit more armored, because the CIS Cruiser Mk. II does not fear V-19s... That moveable cannon there can point up, eh? Blue Arc
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Looks really good 80-0. And I like the SI wings on it. I also like the idea of the droid plugging in to control it.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

major reviss wrote:Looks really good 80-0. And I like the SI wings on it. I also like the idea of the droid plugging in to control it.

Glad you like it, Major! Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:48 pm

The back looks kind of weird, but I love the overall shape.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

CIS Artillery Cruiser Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:11 pm

The shape is good, I figured the structure in the back was covering the power source. It looks good, I love the sleekness of it! Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Well, I just made some major changes! I almost took it apart but for a few plates on the bottom and rebuilt it from the bottom up. I think it looks a LITTLE less sleek(less studlessness) but I added two lasers on each side and a more understandable power source in the back. Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by major reviss Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Cool, I can't wait to see the updated version.
major reviss
major reviss
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder-clone Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Small, great cannon on the top, they are both two great touches. All Hail!
thunder-clone
thunder-clone
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm

OK peoples! I finished building the modified version(a month ago Razz ) and I just have to get the pics off my camera... I absolutely LOVE it now... Blue Arc

Pics up some time in the near-to-distant-future!
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:OK peoples! I finished building the modified version(a month ago Razz ) and I just have to get the pics off my camera... I absolutely LOVE it now... Blue Arc

Pics up some time in the near-to-distant-future!

Cool! I can't wait! Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:04 pm

I widened the hull, removed the huge 'battery', added two lasers on both sides near the bottom... I definitely think it's an improvement. Wink
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Well, it took eight days but I finally got the pics resized!

So here's the modified and much more dangerous CIS Artillery Cruiser:

CIS Artillery Cruiser 100_0810

CIS Artillery Cruiser 100_0811

CIS Artillery Cruiser 100_0812

So basically I added what I wrote in the above post. Razz

Comments?

Also, please pardon the tan 2x1 brick above the windshield; I was at a temporary loss for bricks. Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:35 pm

The front looks uneven and ugly. The rest of it is nice though. Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by J4ke Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:03 pm

I have to say, I prefered the old one. The front is messy now, the 3 Sith Infiltrator wings look splayed and messy, while the angular bricks stick out other the corner ones or fail to connect to the ones below. The side cannons are good, and the slatted-effect at the back is very nice. The back sliding up towards the cannon could use some neatening up, however. All in all, it's good, with some very nice parts, but I think the front, the focal point, lets it down.
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 pm

OK, I think I get the jist of what I have to do with this.

J4ke wrote:I have to say, I prefered the old one. The front is messy now, the 3 Sith Infiltrator wings look splayed and messy, while the angular bricks stick out other the corner ones or fail to connect to the ones below. The side cannons are good, and the slatted-effect at the back is very nice. The back sliding up towards the cannon could use some neatening up, however. All in all, it's good, with some very nice parts, but I think the front, the focal point, lets it down.

OK, I'll keep the side cannons, make sure the three wings are even with each other(I have NO clue how they got so unever Embarassed ), and make sure there aren't so many points sticking out like the 2x2x1 corner brick sticking over the octagonal piece. Wink

The main highlights are the back area and the side cannons and, of course, the main cannon. Wink

What exactly do you mean by 'The back sliding up towards the cannon'? Do you mean the 1x2 angular bricks that are kinda cascading upwards to the main joint? :scratch: What would you suggest, out of curiosity, to replace them? I mean, what would you rather see there? Wink

I'll also see if I can't give it a little larger bit of a windshield and make the inside more roomy. The thing with this version is, it's a lot harder to take off the top what with all the fancy stuff going on. Roll Eyes

Well, it's going back into the garage! Three's the charm(and it'd better be with this puppy! Razz )
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Hubba, hubba, hubba...

Not a double post because... Blah blah blah... Been a month already... Blah blah blah...

And the definitive work.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:OK, I think I get the jist of what I have to do with this.

J4ke wrote:I have to say, I prefered the old one. The front is messy now, the 3 Sith Infiltrator wings look splayed and messy, while the angular bricks stick out other the corner ones or fail to connect to the ones below. The side cannons are good, and the slatted-effect at the back is very nice. The back sliding up towards the cannon could use some neatening up, however. All in all, it's good, with some very nice parts, but I think the front, the focal point, lets it down.

OK, I'll keep the side cannons, make sure the three wings are even with each other(I have NO clue how they got so unever Embarassed ), and make sure there aren't so many points sticking out like the 2x2x1 corner brick sticking over the octagonal piece. Wink

The main highlights are the back area and the side cannons and, of course, the main cannon. Wink

What exactly do you mean by 'The back sliding up towards the cannon'? Do you mean the 1x2 angular bricks that are kinda cascading upwards to the main joint? :scratch: What would you suggest, out of curiosity, to replace them? I mean, what would you rather see there? Wink

I'll also see if I can't give it a little larger bit of a windshield and make the inside more roomy. The thing with this version is, it's a lot harder to take off the top what with all the fancy stuff going on. Roll Eyes

Well, it's going back into the garage! Three's the charm(and it'd better be with this puppy! Razz )
Not sure why, but I notice that every once in a while you make a big post ^^^^ with tons of smilies in it! Razz Do Admins or Mods get mad? And I really like how you used those slops in the back!
Mike
Mike
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maggosh Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:05 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:The front looks uneven and ugly. The rest of it is nice though. Smile

Just like the CIS, eh?
maggosh
maggosh
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

CIS Artillery Cruiser Flag_c10

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Mike wrote:Not sure why, but I notice that every once in a while you make a big post ^^^^ with tons of smilies in it! Razz Do Admins or Mods get mad? And I really like how you used those slops in the back!

Only seven. That isn't that many. And I don't really do that anymore. Wink

So did you see the definitive model?

maggosh wrote:
DarthPineapple wrote:The front looks uneven and ugly. The rest of it is nice though. Smile

Just like the CIS, eh?

Ha ha... Laughing

But I think I solved that problem with the rehash.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum