Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Commander Bly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:54 pm

avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Commander Four on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Needs a bit of work. I suggest buying a macrobinocular from arealight but otherwise good job!
avatar
Commander Four
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 19
Location : Stalker...


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by LegoBoyRobert on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm

The arm decals are nice, BUT the helmet, well, it's really sloppy if you ask me. But still nice! Smile

LegoBoyRobert
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : Watching A Clanka Eat Laser! :P


http://youtube.com/user/pizza501st

Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Jedi Joe on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
avatar
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
It looks alot better in real life and the lighting is messed up.
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Commander Four on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:37 pm

ODST7 wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
It looks alot better in real life and the lighting is messed up.
Here's the link for a macrobinocular
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=arealight
avatar
Commander Four
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 19
Location : Stalker...


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Comrade Faie on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:42 pm

The paint is really uneven, I suggest sharpies. Fordo Yo!

Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Viva La France and Rick Alstley


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Commander Four wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
It looks alot better in real life and the lighting is messed up.
Here's the link for a macrobinocular
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=arealight
I know but I don't have money right now. Sad
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Commander Four on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:51 pm

ODST7 wrote:
Commander Four wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
It looks alot better in real life and the lighting is messed up.
Here's the link for a macrobinocular
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=arealight
I know but I don't have money right now. Sad
It's only 2 bucks. YOU DON'T HAVE 2 BUCKS! OMG YOUR BROKE! Sorry about that.

[Admin - why all the caps????]
avatar
Commander Four
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 19
Location : Stalker...


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 am

Commander Four wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
Commander Four wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:Not your best work. I suggest using sharpies or paint with q-tip for detailing like this, it makes it look less bumpy. Smile
It looks alot better in real life and the lighting is messed up.
Here's the link for a macrobinocular
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=arealight
I know but I don't have money right now. Sad
It's only 2 bucks. YOU DON'T HAVE 2 BUCKS! OMG YOUR BROKE! Sorry about that.

[Admin - why all the caps????]
I wouldn't waste 2 dollars on just that, I'd buy other stuff with it plus you forgot about shipping.
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by 80-0 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am

Well, as everyone else said the helmet is sloppyish, and scratchy, as is the visor, but the decals look pretty nice. Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's?

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Darth Yoda on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 am

Yea, shipping is 2 dollars regardless... Anyways, I like this, but the paint is never strait, I suggest using a toothpick to paint helmets. Smile
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 am

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:Well, as everyone else said the helmet is sloppyish, and scratchy, as is the visor, but the decals look pretty nice. Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's?
I made them myself. Wink DY: I did use a tooth pick actually, and it looks better in actual life.
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by 80-0 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 am

ODST7 wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:Well, as everyone else said the helmet is sloppyish, and scratchy, as is the visor, but the decals look pretty nice. Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's?
I made them myself. Wink DY: I did use a tooth pick actually, and it looks better in actual life.

Nice! They look very weathered; definitely the best part of the figure.

Well, did you thin out the paint? Lumpy paint often means it gets more paint on the toothpick than you wanted. Wink

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 am

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:Well, as everyone else said the helmet is sloppyish, and scratchy, as is the visor, but the decals look pretty nice. Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's?
I made them myself. Wink DY: I did use a tooth pick actually, and it looks better in actual life.

Nice! They look very weathered; definitely the best part of the figure.

Well, did you thin out the paint? Lumpy paint often means it gets more paint on the toothpick than you wanted. Wink
sadly I didn't thin it.(not sure how) But I was going for that weathered battle battered look.
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by 80-0 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 am

ODST7 wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
ODST7 wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:Well, as everyone else said the helmet is sloppyish, and scratchy, as is the visor, but the decals look pretty nice. Did you make them yourself or are they someone else's?
I made them myself. Wink DY: I did use a tooth pick actually, and it looks better in actual life.

Nice! They look very weathered; definitely the best part of the figure.

Well, did you thin out the paint? Lumpy paint often means it gets more paint on the toothpick than you wanted. Wink
sadly I didn't thin it.(not sure how) But I was going for that weathered battle battered look.

Well, to do that(thin it, that is), just put water in it and stir it up until it feels(to the toothpick, not the finger Wink ) thin; that's the great thing about paint: It'll always dry. Wink

To make him weathered, I'd suggest taking a source of grey or dark grey and applying it to the already dried paint in scattered positions. Wink

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Thunder-blade on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:19 am

This isn't your best work OD... I agree with all the others.

The painting is kinda non-straight and sloppy...

I would use Axel's helmet painting tutorial if I were you! Smile
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:39 am

I did ,Exept the part about the cotton swab. Wink
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Thunder-blade on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 am

Well it isn't that bad... and I like the other Macrobinocs you did in the CW scene then the one on Bly...
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 am

Thunder-blade wrote:Well it isn't that bad... and I like the other Macrobinocs you did in the CW scene then the one on Bly...
I actually pretty much duplicated that model. Just a few texturiol differences.
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Thunder-blade on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:18 am

Yeah... and some color differences. I would suggest sanding the macrobinocs and coloring over them with white so you can redo the black line.

Good job though!
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Axel on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:13 am

I guess another thing I should of mentioned was not to rush the paint job. Apply one very thin and careful layer at a time. 3-4 layers later, you should have a very glossy, professional looking helmet. Take your time.
avatar
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Australia


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by ODST7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Axel wrote:I guess another thing I should of mentioned was not to rush the paint job. Apply one very thin and careful layer at a time. 3-4 layers later, you should have a very glossy, professional looking helmet. Take your time.
I did its just that the lines aren't exactly straight so i'm gonna fix that.....
avatar
ODST7
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : In a galaxy far,far away....


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by DarthPineapple on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:17 pm

No offense, but you ruined that helmet and kama! Waaa!

The stickers are nice though.
avatar
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands


Back to top Go down

Re: Commander Bly

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum