Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3)

+7
Clonecommando007
Sialboats
DarthPineapple
Funky Cow
Gerrard
Troopa Daisy
blackninjatom
11 posters

Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3)

Post by blackninjatom Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:23 am

I'm fairly happy with the front and the bottom, but I don't like the trailing edge of the wings, or the rear of the ship. The back just seems boring, I'm going for a snot look, so I haven't done many greebles, but the back is still missing something. I will definitely be changing the wings. I wanted the wings to resemble those on the F-117, but I can't seem to get the shape right.
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3924708450_a8ec0c420a
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3924708432_f53231db6d
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3924708442_5243d333d4_m
Any critiques or advice on design and building techniques, would be greatly appreciated.

Blackninjatom

updated version further down

Last edited by blackninjatom on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Flag_u12

http://assemblingthetemple.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty Re: wip halo wasp strike fighter

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:25 am

I think everything in the head and body of the plane looks nice and detailed. For the wings, maybe you could try angling them back a bit more. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty Re: wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3)

Post by Gerrard Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:30 am

Nice use of SNOT for the wings. Though I don't like the grey mixing that much, the whole thing looks pretty nice.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty Re: wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3)

Post by Funky Cow Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:51 am

The moc is very well done but the wings need a litle more volume, they look too.....flat. With the finished product try and get rid of those old grey pieces but overall its great!

Last edited by Funky Cow on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Funky Cow
Funky Cow
Funkadelic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:18 am

You do realize it is in the WIP thread FC?
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky Cow Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:21 am

Gerrard wrote:You do realize it is in the WIP thread FC?

Wait what...

YOU SAW NOTHING!
Funky Cow
Funky Cow
Funkadelic

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 pm

It's looking good, but get rid of the grey mixing.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by blackninjatom Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Ok I'll definitely get rid of the old grey. Smile
The idea was to have the craft controlled entirely by thrust vectoring, which would allow for control in space, I don't have a whole lot of room though. I have also started looking at the B-2 wing design (which may help the back area also), so I might give that a try, along with a swiveling wing idea.
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:57 am

Color blending makes me sick, could do without the red splotch near the cockpit, and could do without the trans in the cockpit.

All else, however, is incredible. The snot is fantastic (almost too much so... some texturing might be needed), the build is brilliant, and the shape is superb - it really does strike me of some sort of stinging little insect Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty update

Post by blackninjatom Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Thank you boats for you honesty. Smile
I think I might have something for the wings, which may result in me not having to change the back too much, which should, in theory, allow me to keep the thrust vectoring.

Edit: here is the updated version.
Improvements consist of removing the red splotch behind the cockpit, almost all the the old grey (is it grey or gray?) has been removed (there's one piece I don't have in bley/blay), switched some of the colors around inside the cockpit, and...oh yeah I finally have a wing design that I actually like. 😁 I also thought I would reveal the rotating bomb bay.
Thanks everyone for there ideas, I'm still looking to improve the back area, so that is now my top priority. Critiques and suggestions always welcome.
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3930087810_8554a898fc wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3930087804_3ce193d21d
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 am

The weapons system carried internally looks FANTASTIC. Also, the fighter looks a lot better with the colors smoothed out, good work fixing that.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by legoman7900 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:32 pm

I love the weapon system, it looks awesome!
legoman7900
legoman7900

Back to top Go down

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Empty update #2

Post by blackninjatom Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:33 am

I put some rudders on, and I think as a jet it looks cool, but I think it loses its halo feel. I'm definitely leaning toward removing them, but I want to hear your opinion. I've also added the biggest engine I could, while including a 3 point thrust vector system. (the F22 only has 2 point) Assuming that remove the rudders, I'll see if I can spruce the back up with something else, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3935195923_200d926ff5
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3935195929_acb43d33f7
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:54 am

I definantly prefer the tailfins to the no tailfins. The three point thrust vectoring system is definantly uniqe...I've never seen it before. If you want to really think about it, I doubt a three point system is actually efficient. The two point works well for it's porpose and the full nosecone vectoring used by some sukoi fighters are the only systems I'm aware of. The three point system just seems odd to me.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by blackninjatom Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:29 am

Clonecommando007 wrote:I definantly prefer the tailfins to the no tailfins. The three point thrust vectoring system is definantly uniqe...I've never seen it before. If you want to really think about it, I doubt a three point system is actually efficient. The two point works well for it's porpose and the full nosecone vectoring used by some sukoi fighters are the only systems I'm aware of. The three point system just seems odd to me.

I prefer the tail fins also, but I don't think they belong in the halo universe, which is my main concern. The 3-point vectoring is actually used on the cfa-44 from ace combat 6. It isn't a real plane, but it looks pretty cool, and semi-functional. Wink

Hey I just found that the x-31 had this exact arrangement. This is more realistic than I thought. Laughing
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:37 am

The tail fins make this craft, the engines make it GODLY, the rocket launcher put this on a order of magnitude far greater than that which any deity could ever conceive of.

This craft is brilliantly designed, full of snot, smoothness, and detailing (while liberal on the greebles), and has a simple astoundingly lovely shape. And it is still only a WIP.

Bravo!
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by blackninjatom Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Well now I seriously am in a pickle.
wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) 3943299212_9a9550d256
I had all but decided to go with the bottom design, when I start getting feedback that people seem to like the top one more. I still like the bottom one, and I may still end up using it once I fix the color.
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Prefer the top one - using a fin brick is lazy and it looks unbalanced next to the larger wings.
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

wip halo wasp strike fighter (updated mk.1.3) Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Halen Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Ditto what the ninja says.

SteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRIKE! -TJN
Halen
Halen
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by blackninjatom Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:15 pm

I hear you on the lazy part, because that tail, took all afternoon. I also see your point on the balance being upset. Well I guess the brick-built tale is probably it then. I add some minor changes, but the final result should look like this.

Thanks everyone for offering your critiques and advice.
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 am

The tail will look like a tac on with that one piece fin. Plus it's the wrong width to the rest of your control surfaces...if you're having snot wings get a snot vertical stabilizer too.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Commando Shade Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:36 pm

The small tail fin design is the best. On modern planes the tails are always thinner then the wings, and this jet has a B-2 feel to it, meaning a big, noticeable tail is a definite no.
Commando Shade
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=commando-shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down