Customizers and Builders Guild
Welcome to the Customizers And Builders Guild Forums, remodeled from the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

The Jewelled Skull

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Jewelled Skull

Post by 80-0 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:08 pm

I built this in all of about two and a half days. It was harrowing, getting the angles just right. I first thought I'd make it into a tank; the first part of it I built was the co-pilot's cockpit. The last bit I applied was the studless tiles and the 1x1 studs. It was also harrowing finding a way to get a working cockpit going, but the result unfortunately lacked any control panel which disappointed me.

Alas, on to the photos.















More pics in the Photostream.

So a word about the ship: It's a freighter used by a pair of smugglers (I don't have a name for em', suggestions?) on their smuggling runs for various crime syndicates. There's a small bit of cargo space where the side door is at, and the engines are, though I am not yet able to add them, on either side of the co-pilot's cockpit.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Rook on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:27 pm

80-0 this might be some of your better work. I would like to see a splash of color like a pin strip. But this is very believable as a light shuttle. Good job.

________________________________________________________________

Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr
avatar
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Location : Ontario


http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by PhiMa on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Mmmh... I quite like the angles on the cockpit, and the engines, but the head seems a tad small for the body. Maybe fix that?
avatar
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23
Location : A little east of boring and north of lame.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Green Tee on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Zomg this rulez teh wurld!! Yellow
Hey, you said you wanted comments.

Ok, down to business. This is one of the better ships I've seen. The angles and greebles are something no mortal man should be able to do.
*cough*Rook*cough*
The name is mysterious, but when I first read it, I thought it was an MOC about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
avatar
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Ohio


http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Bizzle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:49 pm

This is by far your best MOC to date 80-0, bar non. I like the design the angles and the sexy look of it. It has so many use's too. Bomber, recon ect. Faved!

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : here..I think...


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Troopa Daisy on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm

I really like the body and the angling! Smile
avatar
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Age : 21
Location : Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Thunder-blade on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 pm

A great improvement! It's a bit blocky, but overall it's a nice MOC.

Also for editing, instead or relying on your erase or paint tool, use the paths tool. Wink
(assuming you're using GIMP of course)
avatar
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Age : 22
Location : A galaxy far, far away...


http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Gerrard on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:21 pm

A lot better! I like the shape and design of it. Keep it up!
avatar
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 22
Location : Somewhere to the left of the Death Star


http://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Alpha on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:01 am

I really like it, sure, a couple sides could be smoothened out/studs covered with tiles/other methods, but great job!

Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 22


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by 80-0 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:13 am

Rook wrote:80-0 this might be some of your better work. I would like to see a splash of color like a pin strip. But this is very believable as a light shuttle. Good job.

It might? Just might? Razz

Sure, something that goes around it entirely in an octagonal fashion. Thanks!

PhiMa wrote:Mmmh... I quite like the angles on the cockpit, and the engines, but the head seems a tad small for the body. Maybe fix that?

I dunno, it's already four studs across, plus about three studs of length counting the side-mount. Is is heigh you're concerned with or length?

Though I suppose I could make it a little wider and put some controls in there; thanks!

CommanderKill wrote:Zomg this rulez teh wurld!! Yellow
Hey, you said you wanted comments.

Ok, down to business. This is one of the better ships I've seen. The angles and greebles are something no mortal man should be able to do.
*cough*Rook*cough*
The name is mysterious, but when I first read it, I thought it was an MOC about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Spam = gtfo plzthx.

No mortal man? Pfft. Talk about airheaded comments. Razz

Darth Bizzle wrote:This is by far your best MOC to date 80-0, bar non. I like the design the angles and the sexy look of it. It has so many use's too. Bomber, recon ect. Faved!

A bomber! Brilliant! The "cargo space" could easily be a bomb bay! Thanks for the great idea! Smile

Troopa Daisy wrote:I really like the body and the angling! Smile

Thanks!

Thunder-blade wrote:A great improvement! It's a bit blocky, but overall it's a nice MOC.

Also for editing, instead or relying on your erase or paint tool, use the paths tool. Wink
(assuming you're using GIMP of course)

A-ha, paths. I didn't know what that was for at the time; all I did was use the overturned paint can to fill in what I could without impeding on the MOC itself, and then paint white on the rest; but I'll see what paths can do. Thanks! Smile

Gerrard wrote:A lot better! I like the shape and design of it. Keep it up!

Thanks!

Alpha wrote:I really like it, sure, a couple sides could be smoothened out/studs covered with tiles/other methods, but great job!

I didn't want to use any more tiles; a pile of 1x1 rounds appeared out of nowhere and I just had to greeble some of it. Thanks!

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Bizzle on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:25 am

Well its nice to know I have given someone a good idea.

Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : here..I think...


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Darth Yoda on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:03 am

Your best work easily.

I mean it's big, covered with tiles...

How could you not like it? Razz
avatar
Darth Yoda
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 22
Location : school


http://www.flickr.com/photos/32354339@N06/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by 80-0 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:Your best work easily.

I mean it's big, covered with tiles...

How could you not like it? Razz

Razz


small
text makes the world go round

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Green Tee on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:46 pm

80-0 wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:Your best work easily.

I mean it's big, covered with tiles...

How could you not like it? Razz

Razz


small
text makes the world go round

If it does, what does large text do? Stop the world?
The Day the Earth Stood Still
avatar
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : Ohio


http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Darman on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:02 pm

The structure has complete Integrity.Shocked I have to say this may be your best work in the ship area.
avatar
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Age : 20
Location : America


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by astoriabluelegos on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 am

As Rook said, it's a great little shuttle. Somewhat reminiscent of the poorly animated Stormtrooper transports in the old X-Wing game (I mean that in a good way.) The shape really works for it. I could very much see this flying around an industrial world, or even Coruscant. Smile Blue Arc
avatar
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 27
Location : Oregon


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Zepher on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 am

It's good. There's an awkward space above the cockpit which you tried to fill in with with little guns, which failed sadly, but other than that it's very nice.
avatar
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Age : 23


http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by 80-0 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Darman-C19 wrote:The structure has complete Integrity.Shocked I have to say this may be your best work in the ship area.

*looks at Zeph's post* No, it doesn't. Razz

astoriabluelegos wrote:As Rook said, it's a great little shuttle. Somewhat reminiscent of the poorly animated Stormtrooper transports in the old X-Wing game (I mean that in a good way.) The shape really works for it. I could very much see this flying around an industrial world, or even Coruscant. Smile Blue Arc

The Delta DX-9 was exactly my inspiration! Smile

Zepher wrote:It's good. There's an awkward space above the cockpit which you tried to fill in with with little guns, which failed sadly, but other than that it's very nice.

They aren't guns, and the space caused by the cheese slopes can't be helped; I wanted to just extend the main brick by two studs in both directions but the sloping side hull impeded on that and thus caused me to have to leave it as is.

80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Age : 23
Location : New York, New YORK!


Back to top Go down

Re: The Jewelled Skull

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum