Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest

+12
Thunder-blade
80-0
Mike
Rook
Jedi Joe
198th legion
Axel
Zepher
Alpha
J4ke
Commander Mongoose
The Jinja Ninja
16 posters

Go down

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Empty Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest

Post by The Jinja Ninja Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:25 am

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW)

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest 2900471418_d56983beea_o Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest 2900472186_b7a1309468_o

In-Universe Description:
So called because it uses an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) to disarm mines on a battlefield, clearing the way for the full attack force. Information and signals are detected and fed throughout the walker by the many arials that cover it, configuring an accurate EMP signal (makes sure mine not go boom-boom). The highly maneuvrable frame allows the walker to negotiate minefields without getting blown to little bits, and the reinforced cockpit can be used as an impromptu escape pod when things go wrong - it will detatch from the main body, fly through the air away from the blast, and land with the pilot (mostly) unharmed.

Here shown in the blue and grey colours of the 265th's heavy mechanised regiment.

Behind the Scenes:
The basic frame is based on Legohaulic's Racer Mech fram, but I've shortened the legs (to make it a 'small' clone walker) and flipped a few things (the upper legs have the studs the opposite way aroung to Legohaulic's, for example). Stickers are from one of the early Exo-Force sets. More pics on my Flickr.

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest 2900473776_a59c24389d_sAnti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest 2899629939_1ed240f456_sAnti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest 2899630267_943855bf02_s

So, what do you guys think? Ready to enter? Smile
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Empty Re: Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest

Post by Commander Mongoose Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:28 am

All of us hopeless citizens are screwed. great, a little thicker legs would be nice. Don't enter. You'll curse us all.
Commander Mongoose
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Empty Re: Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest

Post by J4ke Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:29 am

Nice, if rather similar to the beginning-to-get-overdone Racer Mechs. Still, this is a solid deisng on the frame, nice feets too. The cockpit is good, especially the nose.

However, I maintain that there should be more visible indications of Republic affiliation other than the logo on the flank. Red and White! Wink
J4ke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10606714@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:03 am

Oh god, you win! Nice job, I love the sticker warning things, and there's really nothing more to say, other than you other contestors are screwed!
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 am

It look's fairly simple, but I'm sure it's not. (Not in a bad way, in a good way.) Really awesome job. The feet inprectivcular stand out to me, the toes are a great touch, and the legs are well designed.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:19 am

Strange, I too was going to use legohaulic's design for my walker, before I noticed that I was lacking some parts for the frame. great minds think alike!
Axel
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by 198th legion Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:37 pm

That...is a very awesome walker. Better than anything I could evercome up with. Terrific job, keep it up man!
198th legion
198th legion
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Give the man a prize...
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Looks like we might have a winner!
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 pm

I really like it! But the color scheme...not republic! Surprised Sad
Mike
Mike
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Yeah, well, about color schemes... It doesen't really matter, does it? For all we know this walker is trudging around a dark, gloomy, rocky mine and it wants to stay non-descript, or it's going across a CIS minefield by night.

I likey! Smile
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:23 pm

I thought I commented on this...
Anyway it's an awesome walker! I am a big fan of Legohaulics Racer Mech.
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder-clone Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Its good but needs a weapon.
thunder-clone
thunder-clone
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aridar Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Nice work, particularly a fan of the back. The cockpit has an interesting shape, but that just adds to it's class. Good luck in the contest.
Aridar
Aridar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys (and possible gal Wink )! Voting starts soon, so fingers crossed...

thunder-clone wrote:Its good but needs a weapon.
Surely taking a weapon into a minefield would just increase the chances of things going 'boom'? Razz
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Astor Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 pm

AWESOME :fangs:
Try putting a big missile launcher on the sides and we have a winner!
Astor
Astor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:16 am

Wow... and I though I did a pretty good job, this is pure awesomeness... Hola Wow! Shocked
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Anti-Mine Pulse Walker (AM-PW) - For Walker Contest Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down