Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images)

Go down

FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) Empty FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images)

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Hello, new member!
You may have already read what the Guild is about, how to get in, etc.  However, due to your forum inexperience or simply your need to know mindset ( Wink ), you may be wondering how exactly to send the application to a CABG ADMIN for review.   Please follow the simple steps below.

1. Click the PM image under an ADMINs name, to send them a message in private.

2.  In the message box, tell me a bit about what kind of MOCs you like to build, what you have built, etc.  Remember that this will be seen by the CABG ADMIN, so you may want to speak to us a bit too in your message.

3. Put the code for at least three images (three different MOCs or Custom Figures in a message are required) in the message. If you don't know how to put the images in a message, scroll down a bit for another set of instructions.

4.  Give a description of each of the MOCs or Custom Figures pictured in the message.  

5.  Send the message off to any of the other ADMIN.  Simply show us at least 3 new MOCs or Custom Figures.

6.  If you feel your application is taking a long time being reviewed by the CABG ADMIN, you may want to check on it's progress by sending them a message asking how it is progressing.  There is no such thing as 'Too many MOCs’.

If you do not know how to add a picture to a message, the following list will be helpful to you and will teach you how to add an image.

1.  Go to Flickr, Photobucket, or some other photograph hosting site and register if you have not already. We recommend Flickr as it has the most active Lego community.

2.  Create your own Lego Creations gallery/folder.

3.  Upload images from your hard drive that you would like to upload for your application.

4.  Repeat step 3 until all the pictures you want for your application are uploaded.

5.  Label files if you wish.

6.  Then right click image and go to properties.  Copy the URL of the picture.

7.  Go to your application message to me.  Click the FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) Picture button.  Paste the URL and hit OK.  

8.  Repeat steps 5-7 until all of the pictures for your application are in the message.

9. Note you images must be no larger then 800 pixels (usually 800x600). If your picture is too big, for example, bigger than half of the screen, you will want to upload your pictures a different way. Some hosting sites allow you to resize them efficiently while other you will have to do using the photo editing software on your computer. Or you can do the following:

1.  Go to your application message.

2.  Click the FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) Picture_save button.  

3.  Click 'Browse', and select the picture from your hard drive ('my pictures' on your computer) that you wish to put in your application.  

4.  In the drop down box, 'resize image', select '640 px width' or '800 px width' .  

5.  Click 'Host it'.

6.  In the second text filled box, 'Image', copy the text.  It is code for the picture that you will put in your message.  

7.  Paste the text in your message.  When you send the message, the picture will show up as a resized picture, not as code.

8. Repeat steps 2-7 until all images for your application are in the application message.

Sample Guild Application

Hi my name is __________.
I’ve been a member since __________ and I’ve read the CABG Constitution and I think I’m ready to try out for the Guild. Here are my three MOCs.

Starship A
FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) P1012076

Tank B
FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) P1012554

Speeder C
FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) P2271420

Gallery

Flickr Tutorial:
Flickr has its own system giving you links. Click on the arrow in the bottom right of your image that says 'share' when you hover over it. Select BBcode then 'Medium 800x600' or smaller. Copy the code it gives you and paste it into your post

Code:
[img]IMAGE_URL_HERE[/img]

This code works for almost any image as long as it has http:// at the begining of the URL. Before posting like this press preview and make sure the photo isn't too big!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

FAQ: Example Guild Application (& How to Post Images) Flag_u12

Back to top Go down