Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

541st Chronicles #19: Finality

+27
clonesilvergree
Niner Skirata
commander blyd
Venator
generaldagger
clone trooper101
HI!
Rogue
Uberlag
Zepher
-Aki-
DarthPineapple
Astor
Jens
LORD of WAR99
cln-cmndo
80-0
legorevolution
Clonecommando007
Muskey15
Comrade Faie
Alpha
pdragon27
Thunder-blade
The Jinja Ninja
Jedi Joe
Sialboats
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Empty Re: 541st Chronicles #19: Finality

Post by Alpha Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Yeah... Wink

You DON'T want to be the gimping king... Wink
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Empty Re: 541st Chronicles #19: Finality

Post by DarthPineapple Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Hola Wow! That comic was pure AWESOMENESS!

DP 5 WORDS! You do that all the time it's very annoying! It's why you may never be a MOD. Follow the Rules! Mad

That better? As it it makes an enormous difference... Roll Eyes

Except that this is #21 in last 5 days. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Last edited by DarthPineapple on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by -Aki- Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 pm

This left me speechless. This has to be one of the best comics the CABG has ever had!
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Well, I've got a few notes.

First off, congrats. You clearly are the best story-teller ( Waaa! ) this site has got. The whole siries was epic. The story was fantastic. While I would of liked a little... more character development, and a bit more haracters over-all, you did add in a nice amount of people as we neared the end.

You also are clearly the best GIMPer here. I'm no where close to you, in any way. I'm still trying to figure out basic ideas.

Okay, here's my few gripes, which are good if you want to be better.

-I want more character. Your numbers are almost right, you just need a few more.
-I want more character development. Again, almost there.
-For this episode specifically: I didn't like the very very end. i hate enmies that go down like that. Why. You created this huge back story, Turkai knew him, he had fought him before... and then? Ied shot him in the back? He charged into battle un protected, and got shot in the back by a man with no grudge against him?

Over all awesome. Where was the screen you deleted supposed to go?
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 pm

This is great but some of the pictures are kind of blury but now lets look at the good, critics rate it 2 thumbs up (me), and it is dramatic it will be a hit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Good god Sial, this is an amazing end to a superb series, great job my friend.
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Many thanks for the input, guys!

Zepher wrote:Well, I've got a few notes.

First off, congrats. You clearly are the best story-teller ( Waaa! ) this site has got. The whole siries was epic. The story was fantastic. While I would of liked a little... more character development, and a bit more haracters over-all, you did add in a nice amount of people as we neared the end.

You also are clearly the best GIMPer here. I'm no where close to you, in any way. I'm still trying to figure out basic ideas.

Okay, here's my few gripes, which are good if you want to be better.

-I want more character. Your numbers are almost right, you just need a few more.

I'll adress that in my next series Wink. I've been thinking about that one contest submission of mine, and the more refined possibilities for it Shocked . I've also chosen Ansion because for once they're not ramps-down, pew, pew, lazors. They've got some time to breathe, and some time for me to make them deeper.

-I want more character development. Again, almost there.

Again, to be adressed Razz.

-For this episode specifically: I didn't like the very very end. i hate enmies that go down like that. Why. You created this huge back story, Turkai knew him, he had fought him before... and then? Ied shot him in the back? He charged into battle un protected, and got shot in the back by a man with no grudge against him?

My problem was, I was blinded by the concept of making it similar to something I had seen before. I'm planing to refine this revenge concept by introducing the daughter of the Sep General, Captain Laurena Amador. More backstory on Amador himself, too. Hence, Vendetta.

Over all awesome. Where was the screen you deleted supposed to go?

In the chase Mad . Was a very nice screen, but I acidentally named another picture the same as it, and overwrote it. Might seem a little rushed at points.

boost wrote:This is great but some of the pictures are kind of blury but now lets look at the good, critics rate it 2 thumbs up (me), and it is dramatic it will be a hit!

One, the blurryness is intended. I don't think a severely wounded fellow would see very clearly.

Two, you are not a critic, you've not posted a single MOC, Mr. Seventeen Posts.

Thirdly, it's been a hit on fifteen occasions. You give another MOC, with still-expanding style and effect a 100 (failing to tell hin about how he could improve or what attributes to maintain), but call mine formative, it with the potential to "be a hit" (also failing to tell me about what to improve or what attributes to maintain).

I don't mean to come off as defensive ( Embarassed ), but you really need to get something behind you before throwing out this half-arsed critique. Zeph just gave me critique. Not you.
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm

You should change your name to Comic Master! Razz
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/commandershaun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:05 am

Sialboats wrote:
boost wrote:This is great but some of the pictures are kind of blury but now lets look at the good, critics rate it 2 thumbs up (me), and it is dramatic it will be a hit!

One, the blurryness is intended. I don't think a severely wounded fellow would see very clearly.

I agree, and slightly know what you mean. I haven't been severely injured, but I have gotten a bad dizzy spell once to the point where I have fainted, and everything got blurry and the sounds were just echos in my head. So I would imagine that's the way Ied was feeling, because dizziness is a symptom of losing alot of blood! Wink

So good play on that part. Smile
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by HI! Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:24 am

Cool, how did you get those affects in the comic? :scratch: I want to make one but I need to know how to post like laser shots explosions and stuff like that. If you know how please PM me. Smile Someone reply! Someone help...
HI!
HI!
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 am

I do have the GIMP tutorials thread in the Decals and Techniques thread you know...
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by clone trooper101 Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:52 am

I like the 8th pic because it's RC. Surprised
clone trooper101
clone trooper101
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:08 pm

HI! wrote:Cool, how did you get those affects in the comic? :scratch: I want to make one but I need to know how to post like laser shots explosions and stuff like that. If you know how please PM me. Smile Someone reply! Someone help...

He uses the program GIMP to make said effects.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by generaldagger Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Simply amazing!
Hola Wow! Yellow Yellow Yellow

Read this before posting again. https://cabg.forumotion.com/the-guild-constitution-f1/the-constitution-t1.htm#1 ADMIN
generaldagger
generaldagger

Back to top Go down

Post by generaldagger Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

generaldagger wrote:Simply amazing!
Hola Wow! Yellow Yellow Yellow

Read this before posting again. https://cabg.forumotion.com/the-guild-constitution-f1/the-constitution-t1.htm#1 ADMIN
generaldagger
generaldagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Look, you don't need to quote yourself, and especially put nothing in your quote.

Anyhow, since I posted here, I might as well save me from banishment by saying...

You are the master of Comics here, your SFX is outstanding! It's hard to think you learned all this after Thunder posted GIMP here, I think you've done Photoshop before... Wink
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Venator Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Ay-yi-yi. Language language language! PLEASE STOP IT!
Venator
Venator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Venator wrote:Ay-yi-yi. Language language language! PLEASE STOP IT!

I agree, a little too much language.

But have you seen videos of real military combat? Sial's dialogue is tame compared to that! Razz
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Also, you have to remember that this is a 13+ site...
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Jedi Joe wrote:

I agree, a little too much language.

But have you seen videos of real military combat? Sial's dialogue is tame compared to that! Razz

I try to curb back as much as I can without making it seem to kiddified (see The Clone Wars TV show). If you've ever watched Band of Brothers, or Black Hawk Down, they do a real good job of making the G.I.s' speach pattern "realistic" Shocked .

Besides, I've always asserted that invective is harmless. If I were to put the word "ass" infront of someone who didn't understand english, they'd look at me funny and walk away. There was a really good commercial about this, once. Had a German family singing an catchy American rap song, which was saying some rather.... racy things.
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Lol, you can't stop us from watching our language.

Why don't you join the Army, and see what it feels like to see your partner get shot by a dozen bullets from a magazine? Obviously, you're gonna yell out 'Dam(n)! Are you f**king okay?!'. Trust me, they say f**k in war, this is so toned down.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by commander blyd Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 am

Admin - Temporary ban for multiple violations to the Constitution including this; not enough words in a post, inproper capitalization and punctuation, and too many emoticons.
commander blyd
commander blyd

Back to top Go down

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Empty Your comic

Post by Niner Skirata Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 am

Dude!!! Tha was kriffing AWESOME!! ALL of them!!! Could you please tell me when you make a new comic? An dplease tell me how you did some of the effects. Thanks!!

Rules & Regulations
Please edit your post(s) and use proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, & punctuation. Thanks. ADMIN

541st Chronicles #19: Finality - Page 2 Intro2
Niner Skirata
Niner Skirata
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:45 am

He used GIMP, if you ever followed along.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clonesilvergree Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 am

I actually felt sad when he died!
clonesilvergree
clonesilvergree
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum