Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of Cato Neimoidia

+30
-Aki-
Legolord9277
Clone Commander Charon
cammander davis
Superperson
DarthWhatever
DarthPineapple
CommanderStone
rc-1798
Bantha
Jeremy012399
80-0
LPAnimations
Sialboats
LegoJammin96
[Jay]
flare
Bizzle
Commander Vulcan
cmdr Vintu
Thunder-blade
fireworkgamer
Delta 1608
noobswatter
Rogue
CT44
Alpha
Darth Yoda
pdragon27
PizzaMovies
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Empty Re: Battle of Cato Neimoidia

Post by flare Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:10 pm

I really don't like it. Because;

What outer wall of a fortress is red?
And why are there two different colors of vultures?
The wall is, blah because of the design.
There mostly bridge cities, but this could be on a plain, which should have some hills, not just base plates
The skipping of base plates
*note for staff* someone has to break free from the pack. Wink
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38431747@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by [Jay] Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Nice MOC pizza, Once again you win us over with your amazing effects.
Smile
[Jay]
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35882840@N07/

Back to top Go down

Post by LegoJammin96 Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Dude were do you get those same color bricks in abundance?
Any that is sure to win its godly.
LegoJammin96
LegoJammin96
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/legojammin96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 pm

No, it's not godly. You know what it is, a bunch of bricks slapped on a baseplate, with some minifigures and some vehicles. While it does rival most bricks on baseplate designs, the colors are off, there are no unique design principles present, and it DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE PLANET IN QUESTION.

Did I say again the bricks grind my gears Razz ? No structure variation, no plates used, no wall elements, no slopes, nada Mad .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Sialboats wrote:No, it's not godly. You know what it is, a bunch of bricks slapped on a baseplate, with some minifigures and some vehicles. While it does rival most bricks on baseplate designs, the colors are off, there are no unique design principles present, and it DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE PLANET IN QUESTION.

Did I say again the bricks grind my gears Razz ? No structure variation, no plates used, no wall elements, no slopes, nada Mad .

Yes, I know all of this...I don't expect to win any prize in the slightest. This was just the FIRST MOC I've made... No need to be so harsh Sial...
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:
Sialboats wrote:No, it's not godly. You know what it is, a bunch of bricks slapped on a baseplate, with some minifigures and some vehicles. While it does rival most bricks on baseplate designs, the colors are off, there are no unique design principles present, and it DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE PLANET IN QUESTION.

Yes, I know all of this...I don't expect to win any prize in the slightest. This was just the FIRST MOC I've made... No need to be so harsh Sial...

But I am harsh Razz , that's just how I roll Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Sialboats wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:

But I am harsh Razz , that's just how I roll Wink .

That's not exactly a good quality ya know?! Laughing Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Then again, it's not really a bad one either. Wink
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

http://mocpages.com/home.php/15131

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Then again, it's not really a bad one either. Wink

Of course it isn't...I myself am rather *cough* harsh...Laughing Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:18 am

PizzaMovies wrote:

Yeah sialboats that was pretty harsh even if you are. Battlefields don't always have to make a complete resembles to the planet and does the color of the walls really matter?
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 am

Commander Vulcan wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:

Yeah, Sialboats that was pretty harsh, even if you are ____ . Battlefields don't always have to make a complete resemblance to the planet, and does the color of the walls really matter?

Errors aside, yes it was harsh, yes they do, and yes it DOES.

Saying this is Cato Nemoida is like saying my latest comic takes place on Kamino. It's a sign of apathy is what it is. "Oh, lemme just slap on a name instead of building for accuracy!" And color ALWAYS matters. For Christ's sake, what the bloody hell do you think makes or breaks a MOC: The arrangement of complementary bricks to resemble the desired subject, in an aesthetically pleasing manner; that's what! The bricks don't really resemble any wall I would imagine finding around any complex, much less one designed to protect against battle. And it certainly isn't pleasing to the eye, I mean, why on Earth would they paint it red *roll* ?
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 am

Sialboats wrote:Errors aside, yes it was harsh, yes they do, and yes it DOES.

Saying this is Cato Nemoida is like saying my latest comic takes place on Kamino. It's a sign of apathy is what it is. "Oh, lemme just slap on a name instead of building for accuracy!" And color ALWAYS matters. For Christ's sake, what the bloody hell do you think makes or breaks a MOC: The arrangement of complementary bricks to resemble the desired subject, in an aesthetically pleasing manner; that's what! The bricks don't really resemble any wall I would imagine finding around any complex, much less one designed to protect against battle. And it certainly isn't pleasing to the eye, I mean, why on Earth would they paint it red *roll* ?

Sial, there's only like ONE decent picture of Cato Neimoidia! I mean it's relatively unexplored, so to say that the WHOLE planet looks like it does in that 10 second scene in ROTS is nuts. And those cities were not designed for battle, I mean for God's sake it was built by ARISTOCRATS, who aren't exactly up on the latest military spec... Roll Eyes... And not all cities are dull gray by the way...although I would've preferred a different color, but you gotta work with what ya got! Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:45 am

PizzaMovies wrote:Sial, there's only like ONE decent picture of Cato Neimoidia! I mean it's relatively unexplored, so to say that the WHOLE planet looks like it does in that 10 second scene in ROTS is nuts. And those cities were not designed for battle, I mean for God's sake it was built by ARISTOCRATS, who aren't exactly up on the latest military spec... Roll Eyes... And not all cities are dull gray by the way...although I would've preferred a different color, but you gotta work with what ya got! Wink

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 20070910

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Catoneimoidia3nh

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 200px-Cato_Neimoidia_concept_art

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 250px-Cato_Neimoidia_surrenders

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Cato_neimoidia

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Cato0110

Well, I just blew that argument out of the water Razz .

While we're looking at these pretty pictures -- I don't see any big red walls there. And if there were settlements outside of the bridge cities, why would they be the target of a major attack? Wouldn't Republic forces allocate their forces towards the MAIN cities, which are reported to be on BRIDGES. In fact, all the cities are on BRIDGES, because the cliffs outside of there are practically impossible to settle!

And you're right, not all cities are all grey. Some are built with marble, white stone, sandstone, granite, duracrete, varying woods, all sometimes painted mellow pastels, but never bright red. Even Geonosis's red clay wasn't that bright. And it's not like you give a backstory to make up for it.... Wink
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 am

For one thing, the first two are different angles of the same thing... And the rest are just inaccurate artists' concepts of what it might look like. And in the first two you can clearly see forests or some kind of vegetation on top of the ruins and...OH CRAP! I forgot to post the story...Laughing
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:12 am

PizzaMovies wrote:For one thing, the first two are different angles of the same thing... And the rest are just inaccurate artists' concepts of what it might look like. And in the first two you can clearly see forests or some kind of vegetation on top of the ruins and...OH CRAP! I forgot to post the story...Laughing

It looks like that because it had to go past LA/LB/LF prior to them publishing a book with that as it's cover! Or releasing that as a render, or using that as concept for the actual thing. If given the proper bricks, I think the majority of us here could build a proper Cato Nemoidian landscape. By the way... how many cities have you seen on the top of a cliff, in the middle of a forest, that would be worth seizing Razz .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 am

Sialboats wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:For one thing, the first two are different angles of the same thing... And the rest are just inaccurate artists' concepts of what it might look like. And in the first two you can clearly see forests or some kind of vegetation on top of the ruins and...OH CRAP! I forgot to post the story...Laughing

It looks like that because it had to go past LA/LB/LF prior to them publishing a book with that as it's cover! Or releasing that as a render, or using that as concept for the actual thing. If given the proper bricks, I think the majority of us here could build a proper Cato Nemoidian landscape. By the way... how many cities have you seen on the top of a cliff, in the middle of a forest, that would be worth seizing Razz .

I forgot to post the full back story. So read the edit in the post on the first page. And of course we could make one....but I doubt anybody besides TLC has enough bricks to do it...Laughing
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 am

PizzaMovies wrote:
Sialboats wrote:

I forgot to post the full back story. So read the edit in the post on the first page. And of course we could make one....but I doubt anybody besides TLC has enough bricks to do it...Laughing

Umm aren't you forgetting someone? Rook could make this if he tried really hard. But sial has a point PM I think you should have gone with dark gary. Then take the gray base plates in a line like it was the very middle if the bridge and gone from there.

Ps. How many red bricks did you order again?
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:43 am

Admin - Remember, maximum quote limit is three quotes in a reply.
Well, I don't think he has enough bricks to make it out of ONE color....And I ordered 1,000 red bricks for 5 cents each...

EDIT: Woops, sorry I forgot about that rule... Embarassed...
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LPAnimations Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:48 pm

I think i've seen this from somewhere?? Laughing. Anyway, very good, the special effects add to the intensity! Blue Arc Smile
LPAnimations
LPAnimations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Battle of Cato Neimoidia - Page 2 Flag_u10

http://www.youtube.co.uk/user/LPAnimations

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:22 pm

Maybe Gareh's films, he uses that wall technique alot..
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Thunder-blade wrote:Maybe Gareh's films, he uses that wall technique alot..
\

Nah, what he means is that I've sent him pictures of this on Skype! Laughing Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:38 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:
darth yoda wrote:Nobody owns ideas really... But it's obvious that the only reason why you did that was because of my idea. Wink

Well, I actually did a scene in my new movie (before the pictures got ruined) of two magnaguards going into a room of troopers and killing them all...and one of them died like that... But your MOC did spark the memory of that happening. Laughing Wink

Dude that just shows that the magnaguards are like the deadliest droids out there. Just imagine if the CIS mass produced the magnaguards as the soldiers of their army and gave them all the weapons and abilities they have, it would be extremely expensive but just think what could have happened in the war.
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:42 pm

Commander Vulcan wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:
darth yoda wrote:Nobody owns ideas really... But it's obvious that the only reason why you did that was because of my idea. Wink

Well, I actually did a scene in my new movie (before the pictures got ruined) of two magnaguards going into a room of troopers and killing them all...and one of them died like that... But your MOC did spark the memory of that happening. Laughing Wink

Dude that just shows that the magnaguards are like the deadliest droids out there. Just imagine if the CIS mass produced the magnaguards as the soldiers of their army and gave them all the weapons and abilities they have, it would be extremely expensive but just think what could have happened in the war.

Well for the Republic, instead of sending in ground troops, they'd just bombard the planet into slag...And one magnaguard is as expensive as like...1,000 battle droids...Laughing
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder-blade Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm

You obviously never have played Battlefront. Wink

Nah JK. You're right, they were only the bodyguards for Greivous.
Thunder-blade
Thunder-blade
Thunder-Sharpie
Thunder-Sharpie

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:10 pm

The thing is pizzamovies the Republic would never go to such extremes just to take the planet from the CIS, just like in the episode Innocents of Ryloth, they didn't want to do anything to hurt the Twileks or destroy their homes, they would rather do it the hard way rather than the more easier and destructive way. I also know that the magnguards would be very expensive but all I'm saying is just think if the CIS had the money to make an army like that.
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next