Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application.

+42
Rook
Justin Pyne
Denal
the hoff
clone commando pimp
CommanderBlade
Elite
RubbahBand
Doraff
N8
thebrickbear
Troopa Daisy
TheMissingPiece
bl*c
^Ninja Trooper^
Ethan52
Iceman792
Rijulskywalker
Cpt Rex
eclipsegrafx
Ham701
Persian Prince
Custom 333
commandercodyinc
Edgewing
Nave333
Thunder-blade
Sialboats
Axel
CloneCommandoXion
pdragon27
[Jay]
DarthPineapple
deanalmarresh
667thLegion
80-0
Gerrard
MikeZulu
PhiMa
The Blue Shadow Virus
Rogue
Chaotic Good
46 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Empty Re: Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application.

Post by Rijulskywalker Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Well, I used all my waterslides a long time ago. So I don't remember the name, but I got it at a store called Hobby Lobby. They have everything for it. Just ask one of th people who work there and they'll tell you where the stuff is. Smile
Rijulskywalker
Rijulskywalker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Empty Re: Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:05 pm

I get mine from Michael's I am not sure if you have it up there, but if you do, just look for a blue can with a little black on it, like stripes, that is the type I use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rijulskywalker Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Wait, Michael's has it? Thanks! I didn't know that and Michael's is closer to my house than Hobby Lobby!
Rijulskywalker
Rijulskywalker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Rijulskywalker wrote:Wait, Michael's has it? Thanks! I didn't know that and Michael's is closer to my house than Hobby Lobby!
Wait a moment... Michael's ... the art store??! OMGosh I am totally going to hit the mall today but now I changed my mind. What's it called again?
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Flag_c10

http://www.thebrickbearcustoms.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rijulskywalker Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 am

I don't know what it's called. Ask T_C through PM.
Rijulskywalker
Rijulskywalker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 am

It is called "Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, Gloss" it is only like $8 for a 12 oz. can, which can last quite a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:37 am

The_Customizer wrote:It is called "Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, Gloss" it is only like $8 for a 12 oz. can, which can last quite a while.
Gloss isn't it? DO i need to get those masks? Hola Wow!
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ^Ninja Trooper^ Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:51 am

The_Customizer wrote:It is called "Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, Gloss" it is only like $8 for a 12 oz. can, which can last quite a while.

It also comes in matte, for those of you who don't like gloss. Smile

EDIT: And no, you don't need a gas-mask.
^Ninja Trooper^
^Ninja Trooper^
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by N8 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Good tutorial, planning on using it in the future. BTW, does anyone know if you can get waterslide paper at Games Workshop? I heard that you can get waterslide paper at hobby stores, and I don't want to buy waterslide paper online.....
N8
N8
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53134081@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by Doraff Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:15 am

N8 wrote:Good tutorial, planning on using it in the future. BTW, does anyone know if you can get waterslide paper at Games Workshop? I heard that you can get waterslide paper at hobby stores, and I don't want to buy waterslide paper online.....

Yeah. Some Walmarts even carry them! Try your near Hobby Lobby or Micheals they are sure to have Waterslide Decal Paper.
Doraff
Doraff
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Location : I'm not where you think I am. I'm almost like a Clone Ninja.

Back to top Go down

Post by N8 Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks, Doraff, just bought some from hobbytown, as well as some solvent and set, which improves adhesion to flat surfaces. Anyone know what happens if you don't use sealant?? An answer is appreciated.
N8
N8
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53134081@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 pm

I went to Michaels yesterday but all I saw is this matte..... could you guys really give me, be specific, pictures, location, etc. about the sealant. I live in Vancouver and the nearest hobby store is too far for me... PlZ, give me some specific clues.... Camo

Please edit your post(s) and use proper spelling, grammar, spacing, capitalization, & punctuation. Thanks. ADMIN --R
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:56 pm

legobryne wrote:I went to Michaels yesterday but all I saw is this matte..... could you guys really give me, be specific, pictures, location, etc. about the sealant. I live in Vancouver and the nearest hobby store is too far for me... PlZ, give me some specific clues.... Camo

I live in Vancouver too. There is no specific sealant that you have to use. Just get anything that says "varnish" although there are different types of varnish that have a more glossy coat. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:
legobryne wrote:I went to Michaels yesterday but all I saw is this matte..... could you guys really give me, be specific, pictures, location, etc. about the sealant. I live in Vancouver and the nearest hobby store is too far for me... PlZ, give me some specific clues.... Camo

I live in Vancouver too. There is no specific sealant that you have to use. Just get anything that says "varnish" although there are different types of varnish that have a more glossy coat. Wink
thanks man... or girl.... I don't know............
do we need mask for the varnish?
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 am

legobryne wrote:
Troopa Daisy wrote:
legobryne wrote:I went to Michaels yesterday but all I saw is this matte..... could you guys really give me, be specific, pictures, location, etc. about the sealant. I live in Vancouver and the nearest hobby store is too far for me... PlZ, give me some specific clues....

I live in Vancouver too. There is no specific sealant that you have to use. Just get anything that says "varnish" although there are different types of varnish that have a more glossy coat.
thanks man... or girl.... I don't know............
do we need mask for the varnish?

No. You just need to make sure that when you're spraying it you shouldn't be too close to it or intentionally sniffing it and spray it in a well ventilated area. Wink Smile

And about my gender. I'll leave that to you to find out. >.> Razz
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:44 am

It's a-
Woah a 2 for 1 value! I've got to buy that! Razz
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Elite Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 am

Hey guys!
I was just wondering if anyone can help me out. I live in Australia and I really want to start using decals. If I could, I want to buy them from a store if possible but if anyone knows a place near sydney I can buy them it would really help. Also when I used brasso to remove decals, it kind of started to burn the plastic a bit. Any help with that?
Thanks!
Elite
Elite
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:24 am

HI guys,I phoned Michael's today. They said there was NO Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer, but this white cap acrylic sealer. For the varnish, the person who picked up the phone told me that they needed a specific brand, anyone any suggestions? Um, by the way, does FolkArt Artists' Varnish or Krylon matte work?
Check out the Michael's page, is this the one every one is talking about?
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=ae0595
And where do I get brasso in Canada?

Last edited by legobryne on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Custom 333 Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:03 am

Micheal's doesn't sell waterslide, I've checked and checked, they just don't. That includes online.
Custom 333
Custom 333
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Empty Not bad

Post by CommanderBlade Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:34 am

It's not bad just seems complicated. I'd rather get decal paper. Camo
CommanderBlade
CommanderBlade
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I understand that Michael's don't sell decal paper, I don't actually care. My decal paper is on it's way, I just bought a Krylon Crystal clear acrylic spray. Does it work on decal paper? :scratch:
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm

legobryne wrote:I understand that Michael's don't sell decal paper, I don't actually care. My decal paper is on it's way, I just bought a Krylon Crystal clear acrylic spray. Does it work on decal paper? :scratch:

Yes it does, I use that as well. But the type I mentioned earlier is even better. Look up a few posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebrickbear Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 am

The_Customizer wrote:
legobryne wrote:I understand that Michael's don't sell decal paper, I don't actually care. My decal paper is on it's way, I just bought a Krylon Crystal clear acrylic spray. Does it work on decal paper? :scratch:

Yes it does, I use that as well. But the type I mentioned earlier is even better. Look up a few posts.
Yeah, I saw that a couple days ago. I phoned Michael's, nearest hobby shops ( Actually they are pretty far), Walmart ( Which "beeped" the whole time) to find this Patricia Nimocks Acrylic sealer. But unfortunately, there were shops that carry those sealer. Though when I went to Michael's yesterday, I did saw some varnish that are for paintings. Dunno if they are usable. Then I went to the section where all those poison things are, and there I found Krylon Crystal Clear Sealer. Which non-toxic one would you prefer? And by the way, I need some softening solution! Which brand would you recommend?
thebrickbear
thebrickbear
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Empty Chaotic good is amazing

Post by clone commando pimp Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 pm

dude your amazing I really appreciate the help from you. Wink

Please don�t bump old threads unless you have important and new information to add. CABG Staff

It's a pinned topic, it can't be bumped. -Tac
clone commando pimp
clone commando pimp

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by clone commando pimp Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Can you guys help me out cause I need a decal just like that but green. It needs to look like the green clone decal from the wookiee catamaran.
Thanks for the help if you help...

This is not a decal request thread. This is a tutorial thread. If you need a decal fm an individual directly. Thank you -eG
clone commando pimp
clone commando pimp

Tutorial on Waterslide Decal Application. - Page 4 Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum