Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

+19
The Blue Shadow Virus
Clone Commander Charon
Gerrard
Awesome-o-saurus
Jedi Joe
PhiMa
Orangecorps
Axel
DarthPineapple
Commander Vulcan
Zepher
Darth Yoda
80-0
Sithassassin
Bantha
Alpha
Clonecommando007
blackjoker4215
legorevolution
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Rogue Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Good job Revo! Nice detail and miniature cave. Wink
Rogue
Rogue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge) - Page 2 Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/user/commandershaun

Back to top Go down

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge)

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:43 am

legorevolution wrote:Also Awesome-o-saurus, there were 2 battles on Jabiim during the clone wars- and both were in Phase I I presume- check the link I provided to Jabiim. Also Phase II does not mean they're the Empire! Phase III was for stormtrooper armor Wink

Thanks for all the comments so far guys!

I think the first battle of Jabiim was in phase 1 (second was in phase III) but you said Separatist holdout, which means they were still fighting after old man Sidious declared the Galactic Empire beginning and the Clone Wars ended. This was when phase II troopers were around. Phase II didn't come about till a couple years after 19 BBY.

I'm a bit confused on your words, maybe this is just part of the first battle and you messed up wording.
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 am

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Also Awesome-o-saurus, there were 2 battles on Jabiim during the clone wars- and both were in Phase I I presume- check the link I provided to Jabiim. Also Phase II does not mean they're the Empire! Phase III was for stormtrooper armor Wink

I think the first battle of Jabiim was in phase 1 (second was in phase III) but you said Separatist holdout, which means they were still fighting after old man Sidious declared the Galactic Empire beginning and the Clone Wars ended. This was when phase II troopers were around. Phase II didn't come about till a couple years after 19 BBY.

I'm a bit confused on your words, maybe this is just part of the first battle and you messed up wording.

Err...

Phase 1 refers to the first design of Clone Troopers, AKA AOTC Clones.

Phase 2 refers to the second design of Clone Troopers, AKA ROTS Clones.

Phase 3, well, they're StormTroopers.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 am

Alpha wrote:
Awesome-o-saurus wrote:

Err...

Phase 1 refers to the first design of Clone Troopers, AKA AOTC Clones.

Phase 2 refers to the second design of Clone Troopers, AKA ROTS Clones.

Phase 3, well, they're StormTroopers.

I know. The Battle of Jabiim was fought with the clone troopers when they were wearing phase 1 armor. The second battle og Jabiim was fought when they were wearing phase III armor. The Separatist Holdouts were right after the Empire was founded, when clones were still wearing Phase II armor. That's why I'm confused, because they're wearing AOTC armor in a time when they should be wearing TORS armor, and it should be the Empire, not Republic, fighting the holdouts. That's what I'm trying to say.
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 am

Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

Also to clarify things, I originally intented to state that these 'downed' pilots were a preemptive event for the Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars, though obviously that would not be canon. Wink
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am

AOS, Legorev is right. I've read the comics to the second battle of Jabiim, they're all phase I.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge) - Page 2 Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowstealer Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm

I believe this is a pic of the Hawkbat battalion on Jabiim:

Jabiim POW: Downed Pilots Rescue Vig(Easter Challenge) - Page 2 Jabiim-swcw

Last edited by Shadowstealer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadowstealer
Shadowstealer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Okay, darn nice work with the tunnel. I simply love that feature, the use of the slopes is brilliant. Everything about this vig is simply impressive, although I could do without the energy field. I simply don't like it that much Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by Trumpeteer Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:Well, Jabiim is a pretty muddy planet, maybe that's why it's all smooth. And the gun hold the helmet, not the blue lightsaber tricks.

One problem with the story: If they are fighting Separatist holdouts, shouldn't they be in phase II, and be the Empire, not Republic?

I think that by holdouts he meant that they are the last of the forces in that area and are cut off from the CIS main body. Their only options, therefore, is to fight to the last droid, as droids are not programmed to surrender.
Trumpeteer
Trumpeteer

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:11 am

legorevolution wrote:Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

Also to clarify things, I originally intented to state that these 'downed' pilots were a preemptive event for the Second Battle of Jabiim during the Clone Wars, though obviously that would not be canon. Wink

But that's not what I'm getting at either! Holdout! You said 'Holdout' in the description! That mean's it post Clone Wars!

Amazing what one little word can do.

Trumpeteer wrote:
Awesome-o-saurus wrote:Well, Jabiim is a pretty muddy planet, maybe that's why it's all smooth. And the gun hold the helmet, not the blue lightsaber tricks.

One problem with the story: If they are fighting Separatist holdouts, shouldn't they be in phase II, and be the Empire, not Republic?

I think that by holdouts he meant that they are the last of the forces in that area and are cut off from the CIS main body. Their only options, therefore, is to fight to the last droid, as droids are not programmed to surrender.

Could be. But when I see Separatist Holdout, these come to mind: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trumpeteer Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:21 am

Awesome-o-saurus wrote:
legorevolution wrote:Nope that's not what I'm getting. The most canon and reliable Star Wars information available, Wookieepedia, is telling me different. They're saying that there were 2 battles of Jabiim during the Clone Wars (both of which were fought in phase I as seen in pictures?) and in the Galactic Civil War, there were also another 2 battles. Check link. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Jabiim

But that's not what I'm getting at either! Holdout! You said 'Holdout' in the description! That mean's it post Clone Wars!

Amazing what one little word can do.

Trumpeteer wrote:

Could be. But when I see Separatist Holdout, these come to mind: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Separatist_holdouts

True. That article however, uses the strategic sense of the word rather than the tactical sense (a strategic example is Stand Watie surrendering after the "end" of the American Civil War, while a tactical holdout is the lone squad trapped behind enemy lines in a stronghold.). Wink
Trumpeteer
Trumpeteer

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 am

READ RULES ABOUT MAKING QUOTE MONSTERS! Mad
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:58 am

A holdout can just be place where a group has 'dug in' and is basically concentrating troops and firepower for an impending offensive attack. It doesn't mean solely that the clone wars are over.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2