Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!*

+26
naterboy1
MasterBrettKenobi
PhiMa
Bantha
80-0
Jens
Bizzle
why
namlego14
RubbahBand
Darth Yoda
SithFilmer
Phazezorz
Ham701
Rogue
Gerrard
Sialboats
DarthPineapple
torrent3
Clonecommando007
667thLegion
Garet6
Code_Green
Alpha
Clonecommander9-9-9
CT44
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Empty Re: Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!*

Post by Gerrard Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:15 am

I don't think that many people payed attention to the details. It was so big with a lot of minifigures and walkers and such, that it wasn't eally noticed. (Or it was and they just didn't say anything.

Ok back on topci, are you allowed to redo your entry - or is it too late?
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Empty Re: Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!*

Post by CT44 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 am

Well, I don't have anymore time and the entrys are do at Midnight...Plus I already submitted it to Dalg... Sad
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/huntercearley

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:28 am

Oh ok, well maybe you can do it another time but as an other creation thing. Then when you update, you can post it there. Smile
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:59 am

Can't wait to see the thing n better format once the contest is done.
My 100th post! A toast!
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzle Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:55 am

Ok so what happened dude? For a while you were making hella good MOCs then you revert to making hella crapy MOCs. This isn't good dude. If this continues I think the council can kick you out of the guild...atleast that is what it seems like form what I have read.
Bizzle
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 am

That's way different.

PM utilizes that technique for a base/fort. You're using it as a Droid Factory.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garet6 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 am

Alpha wrote:That's way different.

PM utilizes that technique for a base/fort. You're using it as a Droid Factory.

That's right, you don't get open air factories with green floors and gaping holes in the walls.
Garet6
Garet6
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Flag_u10

http://www.GPPProductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Two frikking magnaguards?!

ONE Jedi could pwn this place so hard!
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Make both a chute and worker droids as a source from which the droid parts come. The construction of the belt and the 'arms' is about the best part of the MOC. You'll want a large grey baseplate before you move on with construction, of course. As for the walls, if you want to keep them with that build, use some side mounted foliage. I see you have the Jungle Cutter; use the rest of the tree-tops with side-mounters and cover up the holes with the foliage. I see you did it in but one place, but that's lame coverage. If you have any other foliage pieces in regular green, by all means mount them. As for the gate, use some blue lightsaber blades and blue cones/mini-pillars and make a laser gate, if not an actual gate, and extend it from the left to the right of the emplacement.

Someone mentioned a lofted control center: I would agree, but add that you should surround it with even more so foliage, and add a roof to the facility shielded by additional foliage. So get lots and lots and LOTS of foliage for this reproduction.

Now I just thought of something else: When making the control center, make a door into which a droid can carry a pile of droid parts and dump it down a chute which has a hatch which he opens *inside* the command center but is connected to the belt. Also add some side-guards to the belt so the parts don't fall off to the side, and if so make a wheel to turn the belt with ease.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bantha Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Gerrard wrote:I don't think that many people payed attention to the details. It was so big with a lot of minifigures and walkers and such, that it wasn't eally noticed. (Or it was and they just didn't say anything.

Ok back on topci, are you allowed to redo your entry - or is it too late?

Gerrard, Gerrard, Gerrard... *Tisk* Tisk* Okay, what you said was no offense, but completely wrong. Completely! If you don't have details people will notice that and won't be thought of as that great. People do pay attention to details a lot too! But they don't always comment on it. If someone made an Ackbar for example, but put few details on it. It wouldn't look to good, but if they put on all the wrinkles and proper expressions people would praise it for its DETAIL. See my point now? Wink
Bantha
Bantha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28966489@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Kay, I'll try giving this a shot:

1. Add more detail to the production bay, sticking that 1x1 brick on the 2x4 looks just lame.
2. The Gate should have doors, and not just and open doorway. Add more guards too.
3. An above control room would be sweet, like someone suggested.
4. I'm sorry, but the forest theme is lame. Make it on grey basplates, more of a factory
5.Add rooms, and don't just have one production bay in the middle of everything.
6. The wall is one of your smallest problems right now, but change that when you can. (Why don't you check out Legoboy's Wall tutorial Razz . I'm kidding. Don't do that.)
7. The turrent is quite nice, but add some more.
8. There's got to be a place where the parts come from. Do something about that.

Overall, I see this as a bit of a WIP. Give it more detail, I know you can do better.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Droid production Facility(Amocican Idol entry) *Pic heavy!* - Page 3 Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Bantha, I also put that in my post. I said that people did see it but just didn't comment on it. Smile
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBrettKenobi Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:04 pm

That is an awesome droid factory. Its like its on Kashyyk, you know? Whitey Blue Arc Whitey
MasterBrettKenobi
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bantha Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:05 pm

MasterBrettKenobi wrote:That is an awesome droid factory. Its like its on Kashyyk, you know? Whitey Blue Arc Whitey

Why is it on Kashyyyk? He never said that. Wink
Bantha
Bantha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBrettKenobi Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Well I just guessed. To me, it looks like its on Kashyyk.
MasterBrettKenobi
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bantha Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:09 pm

MasterBrettKenobi wrote:Well I just guessed. To me, it looks like its on Kashyyk.

Oh, sorry for pouncing on you like that.
Bantha
Bantha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBrettKenobi Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Thats all right. All is forgiven.
MasterBrettKenobi
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by naterboy1 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:32 pm

You didn't take my idea,did you? Mad
naterboy1
naterboy1
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Muskey15 Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 am

It looks pretty good, but it could use a little bit more work. Maybe a bit more foliage and a tad more detail, such as greebles.
Muskey15
Muskey15
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Ranger Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 am

Umm.... CT44, I'll have to agree with everyone else. I think droid facilities are usually underground but wait do I know?

Needs more detail like Alpha said and you need better foilage. The conveyor belt came out good though Smile .
Dark Ranger
Dark Ranger
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkranger/

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterBrettKenobi Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Well sometimes droid facilities can be on the surface (on ground) and sometimes underground. Like one of the episodes, the droid facility was on ground and not underground. Take it from me. I know. Smile Whitey Blue Arc Whitey
MasterBrettKenobi
MasterBrettKenobi
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clonecommando 7695 Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Nice droid factory, but the third picture is kind of blury.
clonecommando 7695
clonecommando 7695
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uberlag Sat May 02, 2009 9:35 pm

That's a pretty sketchy 'facility'....
Uberlag
Uberlag
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3