Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey

+15
Jens
Rook
xXBLACKDOOMXx
blackninjatom
MikeZulu
DarthPineapple
Alpha
Sialboats
80-0
Gerrard
vaderhamn
Master Potato
Chaotic Good
-Aki-
flare
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Empty Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey

Post by flare Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 pm

This has to be my best work, YET! This is for Alpha's contest. There is so much greebling you want to cry!

Clones were trained for almost everything. To civilian rescues, to night operations, to hijacking, to obey orders. But they forgot one thing....Zombies.

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3702174268_27fed4e459_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3701402813_da41122a88_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3701402831_2f4b24de84_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3701402819_180c9ba94e_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3702174266_71cb08204e_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3702174262_da0eb2520d_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3702174258_a698f32175_b
Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 3702174236_207136d7aa_b

Taa-daaa
This was a very fun Moc, to do.
Enjoy! : )

Last edited by flare on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38431747@N04/

Back to top Go down

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Empty Re: Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey

Post by -Aki- Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

*Jaw drops off*

Wow! That is what I call greebs overkill! There's so much on display, I can't keep my eyes in one place! Without a doubt your best work!
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Empty Re: Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey

Post by Chaotic Good Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:07 pm

flare wrote:This has to be my best work, YET! This is for Alpha's contest. There is so much greebling you want to cry!

Clones were traded for almost everything. To civilian rescues, to night operations, to hijacking, to obey orders. But they forgot one thing....Zombies.

Clones were traded for almost everything, Flare..? Wink

On the subject of the MOC, I like the legs-drawn-up technique, as well as agreeing with Aki. I like the piping, especially! Smile
Chaotic Good
Chaotic Good
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticgood01/

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Potato Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:11 pm

flare wrote:

Clones were trained for almost everything.

Wink

Love the greebs and zombies, looks like a very fun build. Smile

EDIT: Grrr, CG got there first. Waaa!
Master Potato
Master Potato
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderhamn Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Nice job! I realy liked the clone! It looked liked you got the clone's head from one of those lego castle sets.
vaderhamn
vaderhamn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:22 am

Wow, looks pretty good! Some of the pics are a bit blurry but otherwise it looks very nice.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 am

Gerrard wrote:Wow, looks pretty good! Some of the pics are a bit blurry but otherwise it looks very nice.
...None of them are blurry.... Laughing
Its the lighting. And the lighting is supposed to be like that. There one picture that has the custom pipe I did, and the rest if blurry.

I fixed the traded to trained.

CG, you know what? Do you know what? Go to hell. Razz
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:40 am

Take another look flare: the last three are very blurry, and the fifth to last picture is somewhat blurry.

The greebling's OK. I'd like a general overview shot if you could(if it isn't in the gallery which I haven't checked yet, so disregard this if you put one in) of the entire scene so we can see not only what's on the inside, but what's on the outside.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:46 am

80-0 wrote:Take another look flare: the last three are very blurry, and the fifth to last picture is somewhat blurry.

The greebling's OK. I'd like a general overview shot if you could(if it isn't in the gallery which I haven't checked yet, so disregard this if you put one in) of the entire scene so we can see not only what's on the inside, but what's on the outside.
Not in my opinion. You are supposed to see the detail. And 80, we went over this, it's an ally. Plus in the rules it says a 16x16 base plate and I used it all. These are all the pictures. I'll probably use the first one.
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 am

That's not at all my point. I want to see, whether or not it advances the story, what you did to get the greebles from the outside... Pictures aren't only for explaining storylines, they are for pointing out details like you did showing the greebles. But what you didn't do is show how you attached them. Wink

Flare, they're blurry. The customer is always right... Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 am

80-0 wrote:That's not at all my point. I want to see, whether or not it advances the story, what you did to get the greebles from the outside... Pictures aren't only for explaining storylines, they are for pointing out details like you did showing the greebles. But what you didn't do is show how you attached them. Wink

Flare, they're blurry. The customer is always right... Razz
80 it’s a huge block of bricks. There is no overhang. There is nothing on the outside, nothing. Expect a huge tube thing that was used as the base for my custom pipe.

For bold part;
Plus I'm positive that you can understand the concept of attaching a plastic piece on top of a plastic brick.

Last edited by flare on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:54 am

I don't care about overhang, I just like to see details. And if you don't want to take close ups of the walls that's OK, I'd just like an overhead shot to see what it looks like from the outside.

Not that I'm claustrophobic. Razz
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:57 am

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey 01410
Happy 80, you got your picture.
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:57 am

There's a lot of greebles... but I thought somehow it would be better. I expected more out of the MOC, than I see right now. There are only a few unique elements, it's lacking character and mood as well.

Good job, though Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 am

Sialboats wrote:There's a lot of greebles... but I thought somehow it would be better. I expected more out of the MOC, than I see right now. There are only a few unique elements, it's lacking character and mood as well.

Good job, though Wink .
Explain, how I could make it better.........
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks! I like how you added a second stud to the top level so the greebles wouldn't stick out.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:03 am

flare wrote:
Sialboats wrote:There's a lot of greebles... but I thought somehow it would be better. I expected more out of the MOC, than I see right now. There are only a few unique elements, it's lacking character and mood as well.

Good job, though Wink .
Explain, how I could make it better.........

Aaaaaaah.... I'll be a good sport Razz .

With mood and character, I'm finding that this is just too generic for my tastes. If you wanted to do an industrial institution tucked away in the seedier portions of Coruscant, you could have done more than you did. Yes, the greebles are intense, however they don't assume their traditional role of adding a layer of damage and decrepitude. There needs to be loose wires, hanging debris, et cetera.

It could be turned into a variety of rather nice environments, but as it stands - it's just a room Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 am

Sialboats wrote:
Aaaaaaah.... I'll be a good sport Razz .

With mood and character, I'm finding that this is just too generic for my tastes. If you wanted to do an industrial institution tucked away in the seedier portions of Coruscant, you could have done more than you did. Yes, the greebles are intense, however they don't assume their traditional role of adding a layer of damage and decrepitude. There needs to be loose wires, hanging debris, et cetera.

It could be turned into a variety of rather nice environments, but as it stands - it's just a room Wink .
You’re just jealous that I owned your Moc. Razz

Plus you actually liked the preview pic.

And the guys at EB love it.

But thanks for your input.
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

Ah ah ah, EB's a soft and fuzzy place where dreams come true. Again I strive for my Merchant of Venice Belmont/Venice comparison. (according to J+J anyway!)

EB = Belmont, FBTB/Sial = Venice.
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:21 am

Eww... zombies...

Razz

Not bad, the greebles are nice, the tiles are nice, though like Sial said, some extra wires or wrecked items would be nice. Smile
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 pm

It's pretty nice, but the pics are too big to see the detailing.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeZulu Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Damnit. It's great MOCs like these that lower my self-esteem and make me too embarassed to show anything of mine on this site... Awesome.

About the photos: I think you should take another photo (like the 1st) that includes more of the zombies and take it at a lower angle - that might better represent the scene.

Also, I see a strand of hair in your MOC. Laughing
MikeZulu
MikeZulu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Operation Quarantine, cornered. Pic heavey Flag_a10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-zulu/collections/

Back to top Go down

Post by blackninjatom Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 am

clones and zombies... interesting concept that could be fun to expound upon. Is there any way that you could shrink the images down? Because they take forever to load. I would like to see smaller piping details, and maybe make it less symmetrical. Again I really love the concept, but I think the room needs a more chaotic feel.
My two cents,
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
blackninjatom
Microscale Master
Microscale Master

http://assemblingthetemple.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 am

Summed up, contest wise, it's great, but they look too much like zombies, MOC wise, it's awesome, except a bit bland for the floor. Wink
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xXBLACKDOOMXx Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:59 am

That is really funny, the clone must have wet his armor.
xXBLACKDOOMXx
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next