Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto

+15
Muskey15
VenatorClassCruiser
Axel
CommanderStone
A
CommanderNexu
Fithboy
Luke
CloneCommandoXion
Commander Vulcan
Alpha
PizzaMovies
Justin Pyne
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Troopa Daisy
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Empty Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto

Post by Troopa Daisy Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi everyone!
As this is my first topic as a guild member, I have decided to put up one of the MOC's that I used in my app and ask you for your comments! Smile

This is a scene from the Battle of Mygeeto in Battlefront 2. It is from the part on the bridge with the two holes in the middle. I have added a big rock to the end of the holes although I know that it is not supposed to be there (it is a MOC!). Most of the details were done on the holes where I used a lot of small pieces. In this scene, Ki Adi Mundi leads a group of clones (made by me) over the rock and they have captured an anti-aircraft turret and are pushing on. There is a downed AT-AP on the rock and an E-Web blaster (my design) on the ground with and AT-RT running through the remaining droids. Note that there is a rocket in the middle of the battle because a Heavy Trooper (clone trooper with rocket launcher) hiding behind the AT-AP (well, sort of) has just fired a shot. More pics on my Brickshelf here. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=404523

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto 08911

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto 09210

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto 10710

Do you see the battle droid falling down the hole screaming for help? Wink
C&C welcome and thanks for looking! Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Empty Re: Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 am

Great job with the guild. The moc is simply fantastic. Love the greebling, and I can't see the droid screaming for help!

Back to top Go down

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Empty Re: Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

Sorry OLlama, but if I tell you now it will ruin it for everyone else. I'll tell it at the end if no one gets it okay? Wink
And thanks for your comment. Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by xXBLACKDOOMXx Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 am

I like this battle scene alot. Nice work with the fire for effect, but was that a nemodian behind the droids? (I do not know how to spell that name Embarassed )
xXBLACKDOOMXx
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 am

Yes, there is a nemoidian behind the droids. It is a custom that I bought on Ebay and there is another pic of it on my Brickshelf. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Pyne Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 am

I was thinking Battlefront 2 the second I saw the 501st Troopers. The Decal jobs were great! Anyway, next time try not to mix up the Grey and bley too much.
Justin Pyne
Justin Pyne
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:48 am

Epic win. This is the best Mygeeto MOC I've ever seen barring legorevolution's. Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:24 am

It's not bad, the floor is simply lacking in detail (Scattered bricks doesn't look like a damaged bridge unless it has some of the original bridge, no? Razz). Good start, though.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks for your comments you guys! Smile Did anyone see the battle droid?

Alpha wrote:It's not bad, the floor is simply lacking in detail (Scattered bricks doesn't look like a damaged bridge unless it has some of the original bridge, no? Razz). Good start, though.

And Alpha, I was out of all my spare small bricks as I used 150+ on the two holes and didn't want to scrap any models or I would have greebled the floor too. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 am

This is a great looking battle scene you've made Troopa Daisy, it has such great detail in it, also congratulations of getting in the guild.
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:55 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:Thanks for your comments you guys! Smile Did anyone see the battle droid?

Alpha wrote:It's not bad, the floor is simply lacking in detail (Scattered bricks doesn't look like a damaged bridge unless it has some of the original bridge, no? Razz). Good start, though.

And Alpha, I was out of all my spare small bricks as I used 150+ on the two holes and didn't want to scrap any models or I would have greebled the floor too. Wink

No, I meant use 2x2 bley tiles, otherwise it looks like a messy rock formation.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CloneCommandoXion Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:44 am

The floor could use some more greebling(detailing) and I don't quite understand that staircase in the back, it looks a little odd...Not that I've ever seen mygeeto. Razz
CloneCommandoXion
CloneCommandoXion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54544991@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:12 am

. I see the battle droid falling in the hole! Razz You have brought together a good moc and some great figs and this is how you make something that just great. My only complaint is the mixed greys.
Luke
Luke
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Luke wrote:. I see the battle droid falling in the hole! Razz You have brought together a good moc and some great figs and this is how you make something that just great. My only complaint is the mixed greys.

Yes, I don't like the mixed greys either, but my choices on small pieces were very few, so I had no choice but to mix the two. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Where did you get the Ki Adi Mundi?

Last edited by fithboy on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Of course thats not the right spelling! If you took the time to read the paragraph, you would then have the right spelling! I'll tell you when you edit your post with the right spelling. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderNexu Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:08 am

This is a good Mygeeto battle. But why is there a Nemoidian right in the battle? Woo hoo I spelt Nemoidian right.
CommanderNexu
CommanderNexu
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:30 am

I really don't know why I added that there. I guess I just thought there should be someone commanding the droids and I just happened to have a nemoidian (it is a MOC you know!) Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:38 am

Awesome! I like the random geebling because it looks more like a rugged bridge, but the stairs seem a bit off. Now, if it were a building, then the stairs would make sense, but as a rock not so much. Maybe you could add a ladder instead.
A
A
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/leegofilms

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderStone Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Very nice MOC. I really don't see a problem with mixed greys in this MOC. Cause I mean, c'mon, It's snow!
CommanderStone
CommanderStone
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://commanderstone.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:33 am

CommanderStone wrote:Very nice MOC. I really don't see a problem with mixed greys in this MOC. Cause I mean, c'mon, It's snow!

I agree completely. For Mygeeto, having different shades of grey seems more natural. The stairs are very cool, and it captures the feel of a battle very well. My only problem is that the bridge isn't thick enough. If you consider other Mygeeto MOCs, you'll notice that on some of the better ones, the bridge is extremely thick to allow for greebles and such.
Axel
Axel
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Clone Conquest at the Battle of Mygeeto Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm

All right you guys, since you guys are so eager for it......... here's the battle droid! Smile

Sorry, but I can't upload pics for some reason but I can tell you where it is. In the pic looking from the back where the nemoidian is in front of you, look at the hole on the right. in the front corner of the hole you should be able to see the battle droid (Its has no legs and he's in between like three pieces of fire). Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Back to top Go down

Post by VenatorClassCruiser Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:54 am

First of all, congrats on getting into the Guild. Smile
The MOC is fine, the mixed grays are slightly irritating, and the greebles are great. The Nemoidian, I think, shouldn't be commanding the battle from so close, as they are cowards. If you must have it on the MOC, have it fleeing from the clones instead of waving its arms.
Also, the stairs could be better. I would think that on a public bridge the stairs would be wider to accommodate more people.
The figs are stupendous. Ki-Adi-Mundi is reminiscent of many a custom on Ebay, though. If you made all of these figs (save the Nemoidian), then you are quite talented. I hope to see more MOCs of this quality from you in the future.
No pressure.
VenatorClassCruiser
VenatorClassCruiser
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 am

I really don't see why blending greys is bad, though. However, there needs to be an outer shell, because it looks like you just spread bricks all over the place.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VenatorClassCruiser Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:03 am

Alpha wrote:I really don't see why blending greys is bad, though.

The old gray isn't all that bad, it just looks dirty. The new gray gives the bridge a new look, and I think that the old gray isn't a prime color for battle damage. It just looks plain weird next to the new gray.
VenatorClassCruiser
VenatorClassCruiser
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next