Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District

+3
brickartist
Captain Flak
Sabarrus
7 posters

Go down

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Empty Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District

Post by Sabarrus Sun May 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Next in my Coruscant Series, The Market District!

Life on Coruscant:The Market District

LSW Creation

The market district on Coruscant is full of both corruption and greed. The vendors and owners that aren't deliberately scamming people out of more money than they can spend are usually worse off themselves. Fortunately this is not the case for business found in the senate district.

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District 5698882365_6b6466838e
Life on Coruscant: Market District by Sabarrus, on Flickr

This build also has an interior, including three rooms.

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District 5698889831_bd2cd2e3d6

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District 5698889035_4063858326

Hopefully I'll have a pic of the upstairs soon. Enjoy! Razz

Last edited by Sabarrus on Tue May 10, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Sabarrus
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Flag_u12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Empty Re: Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District

Post by Captain Flak Sun May 08, 2011 3:32 pm

The set design is very good on this moc. The only thing that I don't like is that there isn't hardly any people in it. Sad Otherwise, great job! Wow this thing looks
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64445592@N08/

Back to top Go down

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Empty Re: Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District

Post by brickartist Sun May 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Captain Flak wrote:The set design is very good on this moc. The only thing that I don't like is that there isn't hardly any people in it. Sad Otherwise, great job! Wow this thing looks
People would make this an eye-sore. The combination of simplicity, and interesting technique is balanced to near perfection. Only thing I can say is SNOT over tiles, because of the strange patterns tiles leave.
brickartist
brickartist
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun May 08, 2011 4:19 pm

This area is missing some sort of junk because Coruscant is pretty cluttered if you ask me. Wink But these scenes are turning out quite nicely. You should make a few that fit together into one big city! Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Pyne Sun May 08, 2011 5:57 pm

The little curved bit really gives a sense of direction and actual architecture to the build, as does the flex tubing as wire. I'm also liking that little fountain you have there - I'm going to have to steal that one day. Excellent color blocking as well! I look forward to seeing a little miniseries of these cutaways! Surprised
Justin Pyne
Justin Pyne
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brickartist Sun May 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Troopa Daisy wrote:This area is missing some sort of junk because Coruscant is pretty cluttered if you ask me. Wink But these scenes are turning out quite nicely. You should make a few that fit together into one big city! Smile
Sorry to be the 'counter critic', but I don't see that either. Considering there's a Shocky on there, this is probably a high end part Coruscant. Like say, near the Senate building? Smile
brickartist
brickartist
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Flak Sun May 08, 2011 6:32 pm

brickartist wrote:
Troopa Daisy wrote:This area is missing some sort of junk because Coruscant is pretty cluttered if you ask me. Wink But these scenes are turning out quite nicely. You should make a few that fit together into one big city! Smile
Sorry to be the 'counter critic', but I don't see that either. Considering there's a Shocky on there, this is probably a high end part Coruscant. Like say, near the Senate building? Smile

Honestly, I think it would be really cool to see all of the junk and clutter in the moc to make it more realistic. Looks more like a garden planet if you don't have anything else.
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm

List of Likes:
1. SNOT stairs
2. Curved pillar
3. Water Fountain

List of Dislikes:
1. Rushed feel of detailing around the pieces on the back of the MOC.

General note to everyone else:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Coruscant_districts

Every city has bubbles of crime and various classes. Remember that the whole planet is a city. I'm assuming there could easily be a part of a district (an area the size of Earth country) that might have some clean spots. Embarassed Razz Keeping in mind there are also various levels in each district. That being said Sabarrus if you put a rat in the corner I think everyone would have praised it. Laughing
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Mon May 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Ohoh, I think I see something: you used the same 1/4th cylinder shaped structure as in Civil Protection. Still, it is a perfect example of your great MOC's. Just try not to use a lot of the same stuff! Razz
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Flag_n13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Flak Mon May 09, 2011 9:51 pm

253d legion guy wrote:Ohoh, I think I see something: you used the same 1/4th cylinder shaped structure as in Civil Protection. Still, it is a perfect example of your great MOC's. Just try not to use a lot of the same stuff! Razz

I don't think that matters too much do you? As long as it is different and has some sort of awesomeness it will be fine. That's the way it is in Coruscant. Wink
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabarrus Tue May 10, 2011 12:33 am

First off, thanks for all the feedback guys, It's really helpful! I think I'll start building more "Upper-District" Creations before heading to the Underworld.

@253d legion guy: You caught me. Razz I loved the looks of it so I decided to add it in. I image it to be some sort of generator, you know, widely sold.

@Rook: Completely Agreed! Now where'd I put that rat... Razz

@TD & brickartist: I know what you're saying, I've changed up the title a bit to accommodate the lack of junk. I'm defiantly going to make a grimy underworld market sometime in the future. And ,Oh, how I wish I had the bricks to make a big module build! Stare Grin Lego

@Justin: Thanks man, The flex-tube bit was a last minute addition, but I think it worked out.

@Captain Flak: Thanks for the positive comments, I love 'em![b]
Sabarrus
Sabarrus
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51474817@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Flak Tue May 10, 2011 2:41 am

Sabarrus wrote:First off, thanks for all the feedback guys, It's really helpful! I think I'll start building more "Upper-District" Creations before heading to the Underworld.

@253d legion guy: You caught me. Razz I loved the looks of it so I decided to add it in. I image it to be some sort of generator, you know, widely sold.

@Rook: Completely Agreed! Now where'd I put that rat... Razz

@TD & brickartist: I know what you're saying, I've changed up the title a bit to accommodate the lack of junk. I'm defiantly going to make a grimy underworld market sometime in the future. And ,Oh, how I wish I had the bricks to make a big module build! Stare Grin Lego

@Justin: Thanks man, The flex-tube bit was a last minute addition, but I think it worked out.

@Captain Flak: Thanks for the positive comments, I love 'em![b]

No problem at all, always ready to help. I would post some of the mocs I am working on right now but I have to finish my application. Wow this thing looks
Captain Flak
Captain Flak
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Sabarrus wrote:

Oh no!! I was gonna do that! Please don't pick all the possibilities before I can upload mine! Hola Wow! Waaa! Sad Just don't do that before I do, okay.
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Life on Coruscant: The Senate Market District Flag_n13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down