Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane.

+6
Aridar
Comrade Faie
Clonecommando007
legorevolution
DarthPineapple
astoriabluelegos
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Empty Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane.

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 am

I am in the process of filming a LEGO Indiana Jones movie, and a problem of the Nazi's "Guards" not having any aircraft, especially fighters, presented it's ugly head. My brother had recently picked up an extra Bat-Tank and an extra Bat-Copter at Tuesday Morning in order to make the Bat-Rail combo model, so using the Scarecrow's plane pieces and some other extras I threw together a German aircraft. It's designed to look like a converted civilian plane modified for military use. Four machine guns were added to the front, and a turret was placed on the back, converting the passenger seat into a gunnery station. So now Indy has a plane to destroy... Wink Blue Arc

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur71

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur72

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur73

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur74

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur75

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur76

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pictur77

As always comments are appreciated. Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Empty Re: Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane.

Post by DarthPineapple Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 am

Wow, very nice! I would only place one gun at the back, though.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Empty Re: Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane.

Post by legorevolution Fri May 30, 2008 7:59 am

Dad! Don't shoot the tail! Can't wait for Indy's plane!
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Te he, nice. You need someone shooting those guns though. GET ON IT! Roll Eyes

Na I'm just kiddin it's a great plane. But, WW1 era planes didn't have wheels in the back, they had skids.
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Fri May 30, 2008 5:19 pm

Those are some good looking guns. I like the structure a lot, good job! Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Fri May 30, 2008 5:25 pm

DarthPineapple wrote:Wow, very nice! I would only place one gun at the back, though.
WW1 era planes didn't have wheels in the back, they had skids.

Well, most of the planes I've seen (including the one Indy "borrowed") have two guns in back. secondly, CC you are correct, most WWI era biplanes did have skids, however this is a WWII era biplane (Yes Germany was still manufacturing them at that time amazingly, or was converting older planes) and this plane was inspired by this picture: Wink Blue Arc

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pavla_10

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on Sat May 31, 2008 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Fri May 30, 2008 8:28 pm

astoriabluelegos wrote:
DarthPineapple wrote:Wow, very nice! I would only place one gun at the back, though.
WW1 era planes didn't have wheels in the back, they had skids.

Well, most of the planes I've seen (including the one Indy "borrowed") have two guns in back. secondly, CC you are correct, most WWI era biplanes did have skids, however this is a WWII era biplane (Yes Germny was still manufacturing them at that time amazingly, or was converting older planes) and this plane was inspired by this picture: Wink Blue Arc

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Pavla_10

Just about to point that out. Good catch, good explanation.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Fri May 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh; Well that's not a WW1 era bi-plane. Smile
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Aridar Fri May 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Pretty nice build. I'm bothered, slightly, by the amount of studs throughout the creation, although it is still pretty sweet looking. Nice work.
Aridar
Aridar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat May 31, 2008 4:51 am

Clonecommando007 wrote:Oh; Well that's not a WW1 era bi-plane. Smile

Right, I wanted a plane that was right before WWII, about the same time Last Crusade was set. Wink Blue Arc

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on Sat May 31, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sat May 31, 2008 7:14 am

Oh wow, I just noticed the bombs on the wings. They remind me of "fat boy." They're definately huge Shocked and yellow Razz
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat May 31, 2008 4:39 pm

Aridar wrote:Pretty nice build. I'm bothered, slightly, by the amount of studs throughout the creation, although it is still pretty sweet looking. Nice work.

Got to agree with ARidar. Quite alot of studs,. The wings could use some cover-up.
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat May 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Zepher wrote:Got to agree with ARidar. Quite alot of studs,. The wings could use some cover-up.

If I do that it makes it look WAY too bulky, so I did a little cover-up instead. I think it looks okay, I mean there arn't that many studs, and besides, this is LEGO. Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fixer Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm

The biplane is OK, nothing really that special. To me it still looks to much like Scarecrow's plane from 7786.
Aside from the biplane looking to much like Scarecrow's here a couple of things you could work on to improve your biplane:
1) The plane has too many studs showing to give it a smooth feel, so you might want to rework the wings and the tail.
2) The green backrest, it looks out of place, and it draws attention away from the rest of the plane, but this is easily fixed. Wink
Hope that helps. Smile

On another note, I can't wait to see your movie and some more 1930's era biplanes from you Astoriabluelegos. I wish you luck in your movie making adventure. Wink

-Fixer
Fixer
Fixer
VIP Non-Former Staff
VIP Non-Former Staff

Indiana Jones, custom German Bi-Plane. Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat May 31, 2008 6:20 pm

Thank you, I shall take those suggestions into consideration. And I will deffinetly change the backrest! It looks like the scarecrows plane because I used that plane as a starting point, but mine is shorter, and the wings are a little larger, making it look more realistic. Wink Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat May 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Fixer wrote:The biplane is OK, nothing really that special. To me it still looks to much like Scarecrow's plane from 7786.
Aside from the biplane looking to much like Scarecrow's here a couple of things you could work on to improve your biplane:
1) The plane has too many studs showing to give it a smooth feel, so you might want to rework the wings and the tail.
2) The green backrest, it looks out of place, and it draws attention away from the rest of the plane, but this is easily fixed. Wink
Hope that helps. Smile

On another note, I can't wait to see your movie and some more 1930's era biplanes from you Astoriabluelegos. I wish you luck in your movie making adventure. Wink

-Fixer

For a new member, you seem to understand easily how to give good advice! Can't wait to see your mocs!
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sat May 31, 2008 8:37 pm

He joined awhile back, but he's been innactive for a couple of months. But yes, he does have some excellent contributions.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fixer Sat May 31, 2008 8:42 pm

Thank you, I shall take those suggestions into consideration.
snip
You're most definitely welcome Astoriabluelegos. Smile
For a new member, you seem to understand easily how to give good advice! Can't wait to see your mocs!
snip
Actually Zepher I'm not technically a new member, I joined 10 days before you did, I just didn't post at all Embarassed , but now I'm back and I'm here to stay! Wink
He joined awhile back, but he's been inactive for a couple of months. But yes, he does have some excellent contributions.
Thanks Legorevolution, I never considered my posts as "excellent contributions". Embarassed

-Fixer
EDIT: Had some quote problems so I just re-wrapped the quotes in generic quote boxes.(without names) I also added a response to Legorevolutions post. Wink
EDIT 2: Spelling and grammar check.

Last edited by Fixer on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:57 am; edited 7 times in total
Fixer
Fixer
VIP Non-Former Staff
VIP Non-Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 pm

Fixer wrote:
astoriabluelegos wrote:Thank you, I shall take those suggestions into consideration.
snip
You're most definitely welcome Astoriabluelegos. Smile
Zepher wrote:For a new member, you seem to understand easily how to give good advice! Can't wait to see your mocs!
snip
Actually Zepher I'm not technically a new member, I joined 10 days before you did, I just didn't post at all Embarassed , but now I'm back and I'm here to stay! Wink

-Fixer

Perfect, it's always good to have more members in the guild! So what have you been up to for the past couple of months Fixer?
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fixer Sat May 31, 2008 8:58 pm

legorevolution wrote:
Perfect, it's always good to have more members in the guild! So what have you been up to for the past couple of months Fixer?
snip
Mostly been trying to keep up with school, but now that schools over it's party time I can post more and hopefully get my Legion up and running.
But that seems a ways off as most of my collection was smashed to pieces by a rouge ABS seeking missile pillow. Waaa! I now have to sort it all, but hey at least I'll have more pieces for MOC's. Smile

-Fixer
Fixer
Fixer
VIP Non-Former Staff
VIP Non-Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat May 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Fixer wrote:But that seems a ways off as most of my collection was smashed to pieces by a rouge ABS seeking missile pillow. Waaa! I now have to sort it all, but hey at least I'll have more pieces for MOC's. Smile

-Fixer

Pillow+LEGO= Bad News, ALWAYS. Anyways I as well can't wait to see your MOCs. Smile Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 pm

What if it's a lego built pillow?
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by astoriabluelegos Sat May 31, 2008 9:42 pm

Zepher wrote:What if it's a lego built pillow?

Well then LEGO pillow+LEGO= Uber DISASTER! Shocked Blue Arc
astoriabluelegos
astoriabluelegos
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Faie Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:55 am

Fixer (Tarfull) has always been a good member at Eurobricks. No surprise to me that he is good here. Fordo Yo!
Comrade Faie
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:18 am

astoriabluelegos wrote:
Zepher wrote:What if it's a lego built pillow?

Well then LEGO pillow+LEGO= Uber DISASTER! Shocked Blue Arc

Depends on the size of that lego pillow Wink
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next