Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off!

5 posters

Go down

Who should win?

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Vote_lcap8%C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Vote_lcap92%C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Vote_rcap 92% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 12

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Empty C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off!

Post by Fithboy Tue May 15, 2012 4:56 pm

As you may know, C.J.Cutrone9 and I are having a build off. The challenge was to build a MOC including Naf Layens and a dwelling of a Naf Layen.

C.J.Cutrone9's entry:

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! 7196056548_5452f1a43f_z

"The Naf Laynes were a violent species, known for their aggression. When they joined the seperatist during the galactic civil war, they began a strange ritual. After they would kill the clones they found, they would take their helmets and pile them up around large pillars, underneath these pillars were rooms they would use for contacting the seperatists or storing weapons."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fithboy's entry:

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! 7160161854_16ce69b506_z

"To the West of Laydosphere the Taf Layens dwell in the tall, dense forests. In the East of that world the Baf Layens swim in the vast tropical oceans. In the North of Laydosphere the Gaf Layens change empty deserts into fertile farmland. In the South of Laydosphere the Raf Layens sculpt ice palaces in the tundra. But underneath that world the Naf Layens carve grand castles and halls in the rock. They live their entire lives near raw magma, creating ever expanding cities and structures. Most of them have no contact with the outside world."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote for your favourite here and on our Flickr group!
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Empty Re: C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off!

Post by train 01 Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm

While C.J.'s is good, I think it wasn't detailed enough.

Also, Fithboy's photo was better quality.
train 01
train 01
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Empty Re: C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off!

Post by C.J.Cutrone9 Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 am

Yeah I agree, I was rushing mine cause I totally forgot about the contest till it was time for me to leave for vacation. If I could vote, I'd vote for Fith.
C.J.Cutrone9
C.J.Cutrone9
Council Member
Council Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79775094@N07/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.J.Cutrone9 Thu May 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Fith, you won. Congrats man!
C.J.Cutrone9
C.J.Cutrone9
Council Member
Council Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79775094@N07/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazard with a Glove Thu May 17, 2012 10:40 pm

I like both entries, but I did vote for Fithboy as well. CJ, your's is nice, and the technique for the trees is good, how ever your underground portion was all merely light gray with no texture or detail, thus making it rather uninteresting. And Fith, I like the fact that some texture and color variation going on in there and I also like the lava, although I think you should find a better way to create it other than just stud plates. The simple studded look is rather meh, but the coloring of distracts form that partially, I think. Over all I guys these are great pieces, keep working at it!
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 pm

That's tough I think you both really used only one building technique of interest each.

CJ did invert grass trees and Fith did a very flat lava flow.

Fithboy wins for taking a clear well lit image. Wink
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

C.J.Cutrone9 vs Fithboy Naf Layens Build Off! Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down