Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the 253rd Legion

+2
TTROOPER
Legion Dude
6 posters

Go down

the 253rd Legion Empty the 253rd Legion

Post by Legion Dude Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:47 am

This RPG has members periodically post a vignette build featuring their signature clone trooper as they fight their way through mission objectives. Top builders of a campaign, a story arc consisting of three missions, will receive a medal for their efforts, as well as builders who participated in all three missions. These medals add up to ranks, with the promotion from Sgt. to Lt. set at 4 medals. But in short, here are the 4 builds and story I have made so far (it's quite a read but you can just skip it if you want):

the 253rd Legion Missio11
https://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy/15190755504/

Mission 1.1

Number: CT-1508/97
Nickname: Higgs
2nd Regiment of the 253rd Legion

///Log Entry\\\

We were bred for this war. To fight in it, die in it, and do so without doubt or question. Whether that is fair is not up to me to consider, yet as I made my  way to the LAAT/i gunships I could not stop thinking about it. The commlink on my wrist started beeping at a slightly annoying pitch. I answered it and heard the voice of the Regimental advisor. We received our orders, to go as far into the flak as we could, then make our way from the LZ to the base of a heavily defended spire housing Separatist Triple A. But things didn't work out like that.

Our pilot was confident he could take us further that the other gunships, that were making their descent behind us. Something about special training in evasive maneuvers. Seconds later we took a hit to our wing, dropping the gunner from the turret into the wastelands below. At this point the pilot recongised his mistake, and found a place to set her down. No more that two dozen feet above the ground, we took a direct hit to the cockpit. The pilot went silent and the ship started spiraling to the ground. Most of us were flung out, but I managed to hang on to one of the bay doors.

The other two sergeants and their squads did not make it. Only two of my men survived the crash, a few other clones were badly injured. We called in the crash, then set off through the wreckage-ridden battlefield.

"CT-1508/97 calling in. We have reached the spire, but encountering heavy resistance. Awaiting orders..."

///End Log\\\

the 253rd Legion Missio12
https://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy/15890771932/in/photostream/

Mission 1.2

///Log Entry\\
\
Our orders were to advance through the crash zone to the base of the spire and report. I had strapped a flashlight to my rifle, just in case things would get dark in there. A few droid patrols, nothing too hard for the two guys that were left in my squad. I did not really know them, they were assigned to me on the transport down to the surface, before everything turned to S***. I did not know their names, if they had them. I have found many of my brothers give me a weird look when I identify myself as 'Higgs', instead of 'CT-1508/97'. But these guys were survivors, they'd get through. In the hour after the crash, each of us scored at least two dozen kills.

We were informed of DSD1 Spider Droids in the area, deployed by the Geonosian warlord Pong Kar. One ugly son'b****. There were several small speeder bike hangers without shielding or blast doors, very close to the ground. That was our entry point into the spire. We decided to go in quietly and assess the opposing force, when we heard blasterfire. We looked up and saw a clone, DC-15 rifle on the hip, firing with one hand, throwing a thermal detonator with the other. He was making a final stand.

We broke cover and ran to the entrance, hoping to save this guy. While making this mad dash, I heard a blaster canon impact, followed by a familiar voice screaming expletives. The trooper had been knocked off his feet. Just as the droid was about to blast him at point-blank range, one of my guys mounted the F***** and planted a thermal detonator on top of its armored shell. I got but one shot off on the thing before  I realised we all had to dive for cover. When I got up, I scanned the hanger with my rifle from left to right, but the crazy F*** had killed all but the one that was about to end him.

CT-7686-06:Sir, am I glad to see you! Not a second to late, by the way.
CT-1508/97:Trooper, what happened here? Where is your squad?
CT-7686-06:All dead, sir. The Sarge. The guys. Clankers got them all. (Silence). So, what are my orders, sir?
///End of Log\\\

the 253rd Legion Missio13
https://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy/15773632029/in/photostream/

Mission 1.3

///Log Entry\\\

After what we had been through on the surface and the lower levels, this was a piece of cake. small groups of clankers were all that was really left on this rock, along with a skeleton crew of Geos, and even most of them had bugged out. But the cannons were still firing, and we had to put a stop to it.

The winding corridors seemed to be without end. We had taken the task upon ourselves to move up to the higher levels of the spire, clearing a path through the remaining hostiles. There were some nasty pieces of artillery up top, and the sound was overwhelming. We reached the higher levels and found a set of tunnels, each leading out to platforms on the outside of the spire. These durasteel slabs were stuck in the rock wall of the towering structure. I picked off the lonely droid stationed at the cannon and ordered the trooper we picked up downstairs to take out the artillery with a sticky charge.

//CT-1508/97:Trooper, take out that artillery. Let's end this!
//CT-7686-06:Music to my ears, sarge! And by the way, you can call me Colt, sir!
///End of Log\\\

the 253rd Legion Missio15
https://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy/15940753458/in/photostream/

Mission 2.1

///Log Entry\\\

We were deployed to icy caves that harbored an ancient Rakatan prison under it's heavy ceiling and between it's frozen walls. Whatever the Rakata held in there thousands of years ago, it's gone as far as I know. We can't find a trace and records show that this sector is close to where the Esh-kha, a warrior race bent on revenge, was once held prisoner, however they were accidentally released during the war with the Sith Empire. Why would Pong Kar be interested in an empty prison? Unless of course, it's not empty!

//CT-3109-75 "Asher": Droids up ahead sir! They seem to be guarding some sort of vent shaft!
//CT-1508/97 "Higgs": Yeah, sick 'em boys! Tyron, Colt, take up the rear, Asher, you're with me! Let's flush these tunnels!"

We spent the next twenty minutes or so engaged in a firefight. The droids didn't know what hit them, we had no casualties. My squad was efficient, my training guided me through the fight. This was our first engagement after advanced training, and hell, it was worth it.

We went back to the shaft and called it in with command.

//CT-1508/97 "Higgs": Command, this is Higgs. No sign of any prisoners, just lots of droids. We found an active ventilation shaft, so there must be more below. Suggest we deploy to the lower levels to see what's going on down there.

///End of Log\\\
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

the 253rd Legion Flag_n13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/253dlegionguy

Back to top Go down

the 253rd Legion Empty Re: the 253rd Legion

Post by TTROOPER Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Should we create individual posts for 253rd builds or keep them all together in one big post?
TTROOPER
TTROOPER
Guild Member
Guild Member

the 253rd Legion Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

TTROOPER wrote:Should we create individual posts for 253rd builds or keep them all together in one big post?

You have to be in the Guild to post any topics on this site, follow this guide on how to construct your app then PM it to me Wink.

@LegionDude, Loving your work here! Each build has its own stand out features, the turret in the Tip of the Spear and the circular reactor(?) in Shadow of Belsavis are awesome. Also dem purist clones Love
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
the 253rd Legion Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TTROOPER Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Fithboy wrote:
TTROOPER wrote:Should we create individual posts for 253rd builds or keep them all together in one big post?

You have to be in the Guild to post any topics on this site, follow this guide on how to construct your app then PM it to me Wink.

okay, I'll have my application ready in a few minutes.

Please edit your post with proper punctuation. Thanks -TD

Last edited by TTROOPER on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
TTROOPER
TTROOPER
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:59 pm

@LegionDude, Loving your work here! Each build has its own stand out features, the turret in the Tip of the Spear and the circular reactor(?) in Shadow of Belsavis are awesome. Also dem purist clones Love

Thanks! Yeah we are bringing it back, no sharpies or anything here Razz The circular bit is a vent connected to the lower levels.
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Awesome! This and the Battlefront group competition are bringing Star Wars back Razz. Might try my hand in this 253rd Legion business.
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
the 253rd Legion Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Legion Dude Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Fithboy wrote:Awesome! This and the Battlefront group competition are bringing Star Wars back Razz. Might try my hand in this 253rd Legion business.
I'd be happy to have you in the group, just the regular application build stuff, 16x16 vig with at least one clone trooper. And thanks, I never considered star wars to be out of fashion, but fantasy is a lot more prominent now that it used to be, wit all the Hobbit stuff probably.
Legion Dude
Legion Dude
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:34 pm

I really love the different arm placements of your troopers. Most people (myself included) never really take the time to use that detailing but it adds a lot.

Your builds throw in a lot of great details all around!! It's very packed. I love the crashed gunship nose, but I'm a huge larty fan so that's what I see at first when I look at that vignette...
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:05 am

I really like the cannon on the Geonosis one, it has such a smooth look to it. I think it would look really cool on a cruiser or some sort of large ship. Wow this thing looks
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

the 253rd Legion Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by fmmmlee Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:27 am

Cool! I like how each vignette is a full well-contained story. You also have nice custom figs.
fmmmlee
fmmmlee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down