Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming

+17
Heady
Jedi Joe
80-0
Alpha
flare
[Jay]
DarthPineapple
Gerrard
The Jinja Ninja
Superperson
Zepher
-Aki-
667thLegion
MyOwnCreations
Code_Green
Jens
Sialboats
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Empty 541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming

Post by Sialboats Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:58 am

I didn't get one out last week... but I did make up for it Wink .

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_111

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_211

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_311

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_411

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_511

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_611

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_711

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_811

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_911

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1011

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1111

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1210

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1310

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1410

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1510

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1610

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1710

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming 7_1810
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaationBergin

Back to top Go down

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Empty Re: 541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming

Post by Jens Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Wow! The effects were pretty epic here! My favorite part was the first frame.
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Empty Re: 541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming

Post by Code_Green Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Jens wrote:Wow! The effects were pretty epic here! My favorite part was the first frame.

Mine too. Very much detail in those messages.
Code_Green
Code_Green
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Aflag10

https://www.youtube.com/user/CodeGreen3

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOwnCreations Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm

I think this is you best work yet. I don't really like the huge frames that much though...
MyOwnCreations
MyOwnCreations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 667thLegion Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Very nice, but for some reason, I find that every battle looks the same. Is it all supposed to be in the same area?
667thLegion
667thLegion
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16634

Back to top Go down

Post by -Aki- Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm

That was fantastic. I love the rockets on the IFV. But this one probally had the most swearing.
-Aki-
-Aki-
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:50 pm

667thLegion wrote:Very nice, but for some reason, I find that every battle looks the same. Is it all supposed to be in the same area?

Yes, it's meant to be the same city Wink A color code in a city makes a lot of sense, so I've been told Razz

I personally loved it! Trek is really nice,and I'm happy we're finally getting some other characters!

And though I love his intro, it's time to move on with the real story. Merc chick needs some screen time, as does Turkai. Battles have been cool, but that's all the last few have been, and while they're awesome, they need something else for us to follow. We're not going to get bored per-say if the action is this good, but we're going to feel like there's something missing. So try to refocus a little!

Over-all, I really liked this one!
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Zepher wrote:
667thLegion wrote:Very nice, but for some reason, I find that every battle looks the same. Is it all supposed to be in the same area?

Yes, it's meant to be the same city Wink A color code in a city makes a lot of sense, so I've been told Razz

I personally loved it! Trek is really nice,and I'm happy we're finally getting some other characters!

And though I love his intro, it's time to move on with the real story. Merc chick needs some screen time, as does Turkai. Battles have been cool, but that's all the last few have been, and while they're awesome, they need something else for us to follow. We're not going to get bored per-say if the action is this good, but we're going to feel like there's something missing. So try to refocus a little!

Over-all, I really liked this one!

This plot line is being wrapped up, one more comic just outside of Cuipernam, and then it's plot development for the next three comics Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Superperson Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:25 pm

That was fantastic. Loved the story line. Hola Wow!
Superperson
Superperson
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:27 pm

There has been seven episodes of this? In my head I've got it as about four: the merc chick's intro, the funeral/Turaki's sister, the first merc assault, and some clones shooting stuff. Really, it could have been distilled into those four and kept most of the tension that's now spread pretty thin, as the plot has now, as always, devolved into "stuff goes boom".

I agree that character moments upon character moments can get pretty wearing, but so can battles upon battles. Try getting a better mix, perhaps a character-fighting-fighting-character-fighting-fighting-etc. order if you're not great at getting a more natural flow going withing each comic. But really, it shouldn't be that hard; just try not to waste characters. For example, that red-haired girl was introduced, fought a bit, got a romantic B-story barely hinted at, and was killed off. The Merc Chick was introduced, told some people to go somewhere, and hasn't been seen since. Alexis was introduced, gave Ied a nice bit of character time, then seemingly evaporated. Use all your characters, get them involved - they don't even have to be fighting, as a civvies-caught-in-the-battle story can be interesting.

The two characters I'd like to see more involved right now are Alexis and Merc Chick - maybe stick 'em both in one storyline, so you can have some drama whilst still cutting back and forth with the fighting. I do have more detailed ideas, but it's your comic, and you should make it up, so I'll stop talking. Well, eventually. Maybe I'll just cut out in mid-sen
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerrard Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:46 pm

The special effects here are great! All of these have been great, and the storyline was very interesting.
Gerrard
Gerrard
Guild Member
Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/ThirdAgeFilm

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Nice, lots of action. Can't wait for more. Smile
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by [Jay] Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Great, I love the action, adventure and effects!
But I don't like the way the MODs insist on you saying shite. Razz
[Jay]
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35882840@N07/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:47 pm

All in good time Jinja, all in good time. However, you have got me thinking, and I may just bump up a plot line and find a way to weave it into this last battle-comic. The theme of withdrawl would fit nicely Wink . Most deaths I've done up to this point are simply ways of furtheirng the plot, just lemme get two more comics out, and I trust you, you won't find it to be in vain Razz .

Matchstick, I've always heard foriegners (specifically those from the British Isles) speak "Shit" more like "Shite". Some clones have the Coruscanti (British) accent (Trek, from hanging around Turaki), while others have a Northern Corellian (Scottish) accent (like Ied) Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Firstly, a Scottish accent is a British accent, as are Welsh, Cornish, Geordie, Cockney, etc. Secondly, since when was a Coruscanti accent the same as an 'English' accent? Thirdly, is the gratuitous swearing all that necessary? I'm not big on mincing your words (as 80-0 knows Razz ), but from a purely canonical point of view, half our swear words don't even exist in SW ('fuck' is especially egregious, as you use its equivalent, 'fierfek' in the same comic), rendering the shit/shite debate moot, as I believe the galaxy's inhabitants say 'Sithspit' or similar (see Wookiee for details, I guess).
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:26 pm

The Jinja Ninja wrote:Firstly, a Scottish accent is a British accent, as are Welsh, Cornish, Geordie, Cockney, etc. Secondly, since when was a Coruscanti accent the same as an 'English' accent? Thirdly, is the gratuitous swearing all that necessary? I'm not big on mincing your words (as 80-0 knows Razz ), but from a purely canonical point of view, half our swear words don't even exist in SW ('fuck' is especially egregious, as you use its equivalent, 'fierfek' in the same comic), rendering the shit/shite debate moot, as I believe the galaxy's inhabitants say 'Sithspit' or similar (see Wookiee for details, I guess).

I didn't read the comic yet. But on Jinja's note about cursing. here are some;

"I'll be Kesseled": Equivalent to "I'll be damned

"Crink": Curse, as in "go crink yourself."

"Barve": A slang term, loosely equivalent to pig

"Great Bantha": An expression of shock or surprise.

"Grife": An expression of relief

"Piffer": Slang for an attractive woman

"See you on the dark side": Akin to the English phrase "See you in Hell

"Son of a Bantha": An insult. Equivalent to the English insult 'son of a bitch'

When Geonosis freezes over: Equivalent to "When hell freezes over" in English
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38431747@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:59 pm

First shot was pretty good, nice command center scene.

More action, the DSD's guns were pretty nice, as was the IFV barging in. Though it seemed like a regular action comic, nothing to it. Maybe it needed a twist, or maybe it needed the Equinox chick getting some screentime. Wink One of my favorites, out of many.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Methinks 'kriffin'' = frickin'/freakin'.

But then again...

Someone remind me how this topic became the 'SW Curse Discussion Thread'. Razz Shocked
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 pm

flare wrote:
"I'll be Kesseled": Equivalent to "I'll be damned

Not needed, since they use darn in Star Wars.

"Crink": Curse, as in "go crink yourself."

This one is classic. I think I'll use it in future comics... Razz

"Barve": A slang term, loosely equivalent to pig

"Great Bantha": An expression of shock or surprise.

"Grife": An expression of relief

"Piffer": Slang for an attractive woman

"See you on the dark side": Akin to the English phrase "See you in Hell

Hell is used in Star Wars.

"Son of a Bantha": An insult. Equivalent to the English insult 'son of a bitch'

Son of a nerfherder also suffices... Razz

When Geonosis freezes over: Equivalent to "When hell freezes over" in English

Hell is used in Star Wars.

Also, if f*** isn't used... I wonder why Scorch says "Fricken" and "Freakin'" in RC... :scratch: Razz

Good comic once again, Sial! I love how they brought out the IFV and reccued the clones.
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by 80-0 Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah JJ, fuck isn't used in SW. It's a needless addition of syllables, though, to say 'Fierfek'in droid!'. Wink
80-0
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flare Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:42 pm

JJ I know...But he already uses thoughs! I just thought of alts. Wink
flare
flare
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38431747@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:23 pm

flare wrote:
The Jinja Ninja wrote:Firstly, a Scottish accent is a British accent, as are Welsh, Cornish, Geordie, Cockney, etc. Secondly, since when was a Coruscanti accent the same as an 'English' accent? Thirdly, is the gratuitous swearing all that necessary? I'm not big on mincing your words (as 80-0 knows Razz ), but from a purely canonical point of view, half our swear words don't even exist in SW ('fuck' is especially egregious, as you use its equivalent, 'fierfek' in the same comic), rendering the shit/shite debate moot, as I believe the galaxy's inhabitants say 'Sithspit' or similar (see Wookiee for details, I guess).

I didn't read the comic yet. But on Jinja's note about cursing. here are some;

*Snip*

Oh, Jinja, we treat the two as two seperate linguistic entities in the States. I've always heard it refered to as a Coruscanti accent, remember reading several articles on it: one on Wookpedia, and the other I think on the SW website.

English, as a whole, remains largely the same as it is in the SW Universe as it is real universe. While fuck's major equivilent is kriffing, most of the offered ones fail to set that edge in (and the whole forbidden/but-not-really concept) and make me smile instead of conveying the true nature of soldiers under fire. I do concede that I made an error with Frak (I had recently heard it used in a similar context, and some how it stuck Razz ), I think that the others do flesh out the nature of the Clones, and it's almost intentional. Once a plot development time sets in, and Turaki gets to have some chats, the crass nature of the Clone's speech, compared to his, is going to directly characterize him as a man of intellect.

It's intentional, for the most part Wink .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Heady Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Ooooh, Shiny!
Nice job Sial, the GIMPing is Epic! The battle storyline is getting really old, though...
One final Peeve... Isn't it Cavalry?, not Calvary?
Heady
Heady
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

541st Vendetta #7: The Calvary Is Coming Aflag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sialboats Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:30 pm

H3D1 wrote:Ooooh, Shiny!
Nice job Sial, the GIMPing is Epic! The battle storyline is getting really old, though...
One final Peeve... Isn't it Cavalry?, not Calvary?

Nooo! Wikipedia betrayed me... I had to look the spelling, and the Calvalry was under th Calvary disembaguation Mad .
Sialboats
Sialboats
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jinja Ninja Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Sialboats wrote:Oh, Jinja, we treat the two as two seperate linguistic entities in the States.
'Cause you're stupid, not 'cause you're meant to. Razz
The Jinja Ninja
The Jinja Ninja
Evil Ornj Vizier
Evil Ornj Vizier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next