Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.)

+9
Darman
Green Tee
PhiMa
CT44
Jens
Commander Vulcan
pdragon27
Alpha
PizzaMovies
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Empty PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.)

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:36 pm

That's right, I, the starter of the little "WW2 phase" that several members find themselves in, has returned with my final (hopefully) model of the Sherman Tank!

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Lego_sherman_1

I'm not saying that this is the best sherman model, but it's not bad imo, but imo, it certainly is better than any Sherman model seen on this site...

Click HERE for my flickr photo stream, (which atm of posting this topic I am uploading more pics) where you can see more views of the sherman...if ya want. Razz

Oh, and here's a couple of reference pic for you rockdwellers that don't know what a sherman looks like:

ain't it cute

76mm varient

C&C MORE than welcome!
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Flag_u12

https://www.youtube.com/pizzamovies

Back to top Go down

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Empty Re: PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.)

Post by Alpha Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Yeah, 'you started it'. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Onto the tank, it's pretty good. Don't exactly know how you can improve it, cos SciFi>Modern>othercrap. Though compared to this, it's a bit too stout.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Empty Re: PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.)

Post by pdragon27 Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 pm

It needs SNOT! Get rid of those slopes. Its sooo bland.
pdragon27
pdragon27
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31819631@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 pm

That looks great pizzamovies, that's a good looking design for it, so this is going to be in your lego WW2 movies after you finish 501st legion 6?
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 pm

[AlphA] wrote:Yeah, 'you started it'. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Onto the tank, it's pretty good. Don't exactly know how you can improve it, cos SciFi>Modern>othercrap.

That was meant to be sarcasm, but in all reality, is it a coincidence people start posting WW2 topics after my "Great Wars Era Faction WIP" and "M4 Sherman Tank" topics? I don't think so. Razz

Thanks, but I find mid-early 20th Century warfare to be far more grand, and interesting than todays "Politically Correct, don't offend nobody, occupations." Comparison:

In WW2, we called our enemies "Krauts" or "Japs" because we didn't like them.
Now, we call our enemies "opposing forces" or "aggressors" so we don't offend anybody.

In WW2 we shot a huge @$$ slug and killed the enemy.
Now, we shoot a .22 round and wound the enemy.

etc.

EDIT: @PD: Did you look at both the reference pics? The front IS bland, I'm not going to make it into something that it's not. The Sherman certainly wasn't the hottest and sweet lookin' tank in WWII ya know...

Last edited by PizzaMovies on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 pm

I'll never see myself in a great war phase....since I like to build in themes where you make it up...I mean made up WWII is frowned upon....unless it's some kind of sweet alternative version of WWII (WWII steampunk, WWI SW)...

But anyways....

The tank was really good, but the few cheeses on the side make it look uneven?
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Jens wrote:I'll never see myself in a great war phase....since I like to build in themes where you make it up...I mean made up WWII is frowned upon....unless it's some kind of sweet alternative version of WWII (WWII steampunk, WWI SW)...

But anyways....

The tank was really good, but the few cheeses on the side make it look uneven?

If you look at the ref pics, there are pieces of angled steal along the side lip, so that's why those cheese things are there. Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jens Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:54 pm

OH!

Well I fail at great wars anyway....I like to imagine and not study the past...'cept for evolution....gawd I <3 Darwin.

:spammers:

A little?
Jens
Jens
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Flag_d10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31580381@N05/

Back to top Go down

Post by CT44 Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 pm

You started the WWII phase? I Laughing'd.

The tank is okay. The 'Back' of it should be 'longer' and not as high. And the front should be a little higher. The treads just do not work for me at all, they are waaaaay to skinny.
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/huntercearley

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:09 pm

CT44 wrote:You started the WWII phase? I Laughing'd.

The tank is okay. The 'Back' of it should be 'longer' and not as high. And the front should be a little higher. The treads just do not work for me at all, they are waaaaay to skinny.

Then why don't you show me some f*ckin' proof that people started posting WWII topics NOT directly after mine. Razz

And...thanks, and those treads were all I had, and I'm not going to order more. I may in the future for a German tank, but as of now...no.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 pm

*cough*

DP started way before you. And besides, I think Funky Cows was actually pretty good too. Oh, and I don't think your sherman is the best (no offense intended), but it may be the most accurate. Wink

There are still a few to many studs on the sides, like next to the backpacks, and I have no idea why you put in those tan pieces. Also, I'd suggest BL'ing some black treads that size. They do exist I think...
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) Flag_g10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phima/

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm

PhiMa wrote:*cough*

DP started way before you. And besides, I think Funky Cows was actually pretty good too. Oh, and I don't think your sherman is the best (no offense intended), but it may be the most accurate. Wink

There are still a few to many studs on the sides, like next to the backpacks, and I have no idea why you put in those tan pieces. Also, I'd suggest BL'ing some black treads that size. They do exist I think...

:O I don't even remember that, but it seems I posted in it...

And I'm not saying that mine is the best, but I'm saying that it is the best on this site! I mean, it looks better and more accurate than funky cow's...and yours.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:
PhiMa wrote:*cough*

:O I don't even remember that, but it seems I posted in it...

And I'm not saying that mine is the best, but I'm saying that it is the best on this site! I mean, it looks better and more accurate than funky cow's...and yours.

DP started WAAAAAY before you.

And I know your not saying it, and just because it accurate, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best.

PM's M4 Sherman (the sherman that pwns all your shermans.) 1247621090m_SPLASH
The is FCs. Even though it's not minifig scale, I think this is much more accurate. It's got the right length, shape, the turrent looks correct, and it has the right colour treads. And I also know my Sherman looks nothing like a sherman, but I don't care.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 pm

I know he started before me...thank you for jump-starting my memory...

FC's is too long, too small of a turret, even more bland on the front than mine... And he based his off of the 75mm Sherman, mine is more based off the 76mm sherman, which is the second ref pic that I listed.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:49 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:I know he started before me...thank you for jump-starting my memory...

FC's is too long, too small of a turret, even more bland on the front than mine... And he based his off of the 75mm Sherman, mine is more based off the 76mm sherman, which is the second ref pic that I listed.

No problem.

It's only to long by 1 or 2 studs, the turret looks the accurate length for that scale, and the front is NOT blander than yours.

But let me get to the point. The way you state 'SHERMAN THAT pwnz all your shermans (aka, me and funky)' I find pretty offensive actually, cause somehow you always think your stuff is better. You may be right, but you don't have to state the frikkin obvious.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Tee Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Ah well... I think it's a good tank. But we have been seeing a lot lately.

But as said in Sports Illustrated...

"... he's more than a Sherman tank..." clicky
Green Tee
Green Tee
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39281125@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 pm

PhiMa wrote:
PizzaMovies wrote:I know he started before me...thank you for jump-starting my memory...

No problem.

It's only to long by 1 or 2 studs, the turret looks the accurate length for that scale, and the front is NOT blander than yours.

But let me get to the point. The way you state 'SHERMAN THAT pwnz all your shermans (aka, me and funky)' I find pretty offensive actually, cause somehow you always think your stuff is better. You may be right, but you don't have to state the frikkin obvious.

Chillax, phi... It was a joke, ya know, with all the shermans that have been posted lately? So I just put that in as a joke...and I don't post many MOCs, but I do think that this is one of the better shermans when it comes to accuracy... I didn't mean to offend you. But, just for fun, how about I make a "Sherman Vote" thread where everybody votes on their favorite?

And the reason why I said it was blander, was that it only has the hull mg and one piece on a hook, while FC didn't add chains, hooks, etc.

My sherman before I posted it had extra tread sections hooked to the top of the hull, but they kept falling off and was too much of a pain so I took them down... Sad
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PhiMa Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:35 pm

PizzaMovies wrote:
PhiMa wrote:

No problem.

Chillax, phi... It was a joke, ya know, with all the shermans that have been posted lately? So I just put that in as a joke...and I don't post many MOCs, but I do think that this is one of the better shermans when it comes to accuracy... I didn't mean to offend you. But, just for fun, how about I make a "Sherman Vote" thread where everybody votes on their favorite?

And the reason why I said it was blander, was that it only has the hull mg and one piece on a hook, while FC didn't add chains, hooks, etc.

My sherman before I posted it had extra tread sections hooked to the top of the hull, but they kept falling off and was too much of a pain so I took them down... Sad

Alright, but still. And it's been only...3. Yes, I'll admit yours is extremely accurate, and hey, I actually had an idea for a poll a while ago, so lets set one up! Laughing Oh, and I thought you were talking about the front of the tank, not the entire thing.
PhiMa
PhiMa
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Okeydokey then, I'll get to setting up a poll! And I promise not to try to sway the viewers with a biased description! Wink
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CT44 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Actually, FC's is at a more accurate length than yours is.
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 am

CT44 wrote:

Actually, FC's is at a more accurate length than yours is.

From the picture FC provides, either the turret is WAY too small or the body is too long, or both.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CT44 Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:27 am

Actually, no. His is a LOT more accurate than yours.
CT44
CT44
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:31 am

No, your turret is too big.
Alpha
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PizzaMovies Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:57 am

I was going by 76mm, he was going buy 75mm, I provided a reference pic of both.
PizzaMovies
PizzaMovies
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darman Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:09 am

PizzaMovies wrote:In WW2, we called our enemies "Krauts" or "Japs" because we didn't like them.
Now, we call our enemies "opposing forces" or "aggressors" so we don't offend anybody.

In WW2 we shot a huge @$$ slug and killed the enemy.
Now, we shoot a .22 round and wound the enemy.

The odd thing is is it is funny because it is true. Razz Well my opinion on the tank is it is Very good , not exactly accurate but good. The treads and the body of the tank is very nice but the side plate with the 1x1 cheese slopes need to go if your going for a accurate sherman. . I was also thinking instead of the brown packs why not put those green helmets you made for your mini figures? Very nice job on it though Thumbs up.
Darman
Darman
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next