Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices

+41
N8
Troopa Daisy
Sergeant B
KalSkirata
Rabid Squirrel
clonemaster13
commanderappo98
Bizzle
Shadowstealer
[Jay]
clonecommanderz84
Astor
Clonecommando009
someguy577
Gerrard
shadow trooper
pdragon27
clonesilvergree
Chaotic Good
tygerb
667thLegion
Muskey15
Commander Ravage
Jedi Joe
Commander Catsie
-Aki-
Commanderblueleader96
Thunder-blade
major reviss
Comrade Faie
The Jinja Ninja
Axel
evatnorth
ARC CloneTrooper141
cln-cmndo
Rook
DarthPineapple
Uberlag
astoriabluelegos
Clone Commander Bacara
Clonecommando007
45 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Empty Re: Decal Paper/Decals for Novices

Post by clonemaster13 Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm sorry but that didd't make a lot of sense to me. What were you saying, a bit simpler please?
clonemaster13
clonemaster13
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_u12

Back to top Go down

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Empty Re: Decal Paper/Decals for Novices

Post by Rabid Squirrel Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 am

Does anyone know if "Self-Laminating Adhesive Paper" is a good solution to replacing Waterslide Decal Paper? I don't want to order Waterslides online until I know about these, because I can get them locally.
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KalSkirata Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm

If you only want a body decal, I think every sort of paper is ok. But if you want to apply it to the arms, it has to be thin enough, as for the helmet.
KalSkirata
KalSkirata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_g10

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Does anyone know if "Self-Laminating Adhesive Paper" is a good solution to replacing Waterslide Decal Paper? I don't want to order Waterslides online until I know about these, because I can get them locally.

Isn't that basically a sticker? Razz

KalSkirata wrote:If you only want a body decal, I think every sort of paper is ok. But if you want to apply it to the arms, it has to be thin enough, as for the helmet.

Nope, stickers are perfect for everything, torso, arms, even very small bits. The only downside is that those very small bits won't stay on curved objects like arms, but that's fixed with some sealant (varnish). Wink
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by KalSkirata Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I tried some clone decals with clear sticker paper and it was too thick. It always went off at the sides again.
KalSkirata
KalSkirata
Guild Member
Guild Member

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_g10

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:58 pm

I've never had such a problem with my stickers. Maybe press it on very hard and apply sealant right after it?
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks DP. So is the adhesive paper thinner than those regular white labels?
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Thanks DP. So is the adhesive paper thinner than those regular white labels?

I don't know what type or brand it is but what I use is just as thick and works well. Wink
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergeant B Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:30 am

I tried to use stickers for the arms but the wouldn't stay as a curve and peeled off, so I've only been making the torso for my customs.
Sergeant B
Sergeant B
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_a10

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 am

Did you spray them? It's possible that you sprayed them too much. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:Did you spray them? It's possible that you sprayed them too much. Wink

You actually shouldn't really spray stickers, it can damage their image too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by clonemaster13 Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Rabid Squirrel wrote:Does anyone know if "Self-Laminating Adhesive Paper" is a good solution to replacing Waterslide Decal Paper? I don't want to order Waterslides online until I know about these, because I can get them locally.
Did you mean use them as a sealent because all of the ones I found I don't think you can print on.
clonemaster13
clonemaster13
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 pm

The_Customizer wrote:
Troopa Daisy wrote:Did you spray them? It's possible that you sprayed them too much. Wink

You actually shouldn't really spray stickers, it can damage their image too much.

On the contrary, sealing does work well on light Lego surfaces, like white and tan.
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabid Squirrel Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:04 am

No, can the self-laminating paper replace waterslide decal paper all together? As in, if you printed on the adhesive paper, would you just be okay using that with a sealant?
Rabid Squirrel
Rabid Squirrel
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by N8 Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Rabid Squirrel wrote:No, can the self-laminating paper replace waterslide decal paper all together? As in, if you printed on the adhesive paper, would you just be okay using that with a sealant?

Well, I just went to Michaels yesterday and is the type of paper you're talking about called self adhesive laminating paper? Because I believe that it just laminates the photo and adhedes it.... Also, would it be better to use clear decal paper or white?
N8
N8
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53134081@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 pm

N8 wrote:
Rabid Squirrel wrote:No, can the self-laminating paper replace waterslide decal paper all together? As in, if you printed on the adhesive paper, would you just be okay using that with a sealant?

Well, I just went to Michaels yesterday and is the type of paper you're talking about called self adhesive laminating paper? Because I believe that it just laminates the photo and adhedes it.... Also, would it be better to use clear decal paper or white?

Does your adhesive paper have some type of glue/sticky thing on the back so you can attach it to the torso like a decal?

@N8- Depends what you're making. If you are thinking about adding a decal to another decal with the same background (ex. a clone trooper torso decal on a clone trooper torso) then its fine to use clear decal paper. When you use clear decal paper, the "white" part of the decal is transparent and when you use white decal paper the "white" part of the decal is printed out white. Hope this helped. Smile
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Empty Any Thin Films for Waterslide Decals?

Post by Borgarath Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Hey guys, I can't find any topic that's recently active but does anyone know where to buy waterslide decal paper that supports inkjet? I bought some from decalpaper.com but the film is too thick for a minifigure, I used decal softener but I don't think I can do it well on a clone helmet. There is this one guy on Ebay that doesn't even use decal softener and his legs can bend without sanding the belt, thanks it would help.
Borgarath
Borgarath

Back to top Go down

Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Empty x

Post by eeza465 Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Well, first off you should probably not post that here. But to answer your question, you should try going to art and craft stores like Hobby Lobby. I used to do waterslide decals and I bought my stuff there and it worked out fine.
eeza465
eeza465
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Split & Merged.

Excellent question. I moved it to the correct topic for you. Most people just get customizable waterslide decal paper, print, and then seal. I recommend reading as much of this thread as possible. There’s probably tons of good info in here. Wink

Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mongoose Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey guys, I find that Brasso works less and less for me. Any alternatives?
Commander Mongoose
Commander Mongoose
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Commander Mongoose wrote:Hey guys, I find that Brasso works less and less for me. Any alternatives?
Nail varnish remover. With a bit of rubbing it works a treat.
Fithboy
Fithboy
John Denno
John Denno

Location : Liverpool. I swear there is more rain here than in the Amazon Rainforest.
Decal Paper/Decals for Novices - Page 6 Flag_u10

https://www.youtube.com/xxXDennoXxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6