Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph)

+27
shadow trooper
jeremey
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Aridar
Commander Vulcan
Jedi Joe
noobswatter
A
Sialboats
Vimes
DarthPineapple
Halen
Rogue
CloneCommandoXion
FireHawk302
The Jinja Ninja
667thLegion
Alpha
Zepher
Rook
Bantha
80-0
Jens
Gerrard
Garet6
PhiMa
legorevolution
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Empty Re: Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph)

Post by noobswatter Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:10 am

This is truly amazing.The amount of work you put into this is incredible, and all the details and great techniqes are inspiring.I especialy like the hanger door with the fighter impaled into it.The overall MOC reminds me of a video game I once played.Great job.
noobswatter
noobswatter
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Flag_c10

Back to top Go down

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Empty Re: Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph)

Post by legorevolution Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 am

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
legorevolution wrote:The NSR (or New Space Reich) lost contact with the battle cruiser Andromeda a little over 2 light years ago.
Stop. Hold it. No. Just no. A lightyear is a measure of distance, not time. I refuse to comment on the MOC until this glaring error is fixed. Razz

No you hold it Wink Many people have been commenting on the whole light years thing and as I said on flickr I'll say here. How do you gauge that a measurement of time is absolutely correct, when it is just a state of mind? We measure time on earth for the distance it takes to travel around the sun. Light years is a distance too, and it sounds futuristic. Smile The church burned Galileo for discovering the Earth was not the center of the universe, but rather traveled around the sun. It was called heresy and he was killed. You call me a heritic now too. I'm not changin it. Wink

Thank you for all the kind comments guys, as well as for sending it into TBB Halen. It's got tons of detail and techniques so I hope you all can pick up a few things.
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Joe Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:43 am

I interpret it as the Andromeda travelled 2 lightyears since the NSR lost contact with it.

So they're basically 2 lightyears away from the NSR's contact zone. Make sense now?

Anyway, that MOC is fantastic! Shocked The detail, the backstory, the presentation is all awesome. I would suggest taking some of the tiles off to give it even more of a rough look. Smile
Jedi Joe
Jedi Joe
Guild Member
Guild Member

Location : Florida, the state of neverending heat and humidity...

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Vulcan Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:21 am

Once again LR, your great scene building skills have astonded me, everything is perfect, all the techniques you used make the scene look awesome, I wouldn't be suprised if you did get moc of the month. I was wondering something though, is this supposed to be in the Star Wars universe or is this in our futuristic universe?
Commander Vulcan
Commander Vulcan
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Commander Vulcan wrote:Once again LR, your great scene building skills have astonded me, everything is perfect, all the techniques you used make the scene look awesome, I wouldn't be suprised if you did get moc of the month. I was wondering something though, is this supposed to be in the Star Wars universe or is this in our futuristic universe?

Good question, this is outside the Star Wars universe. I'm going to start building more stuff along the New Space Reich. I've got a couple of interesting ideas up my sleeves. I'm also playing along with the idea of keeping this a 3 part series. Wink

-Joe, we share a similar mind. I though about removing some tiles under the starfigher to add a rougher crashed look but decided against it. By doing that I thought it would take away from the broken look of the hangar door, as well as all the tiles hanging around the fighter. Normally I would've ripped it up though. Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aridar Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Another excellent creation. The detail is astounding, and myself being a zombie fan brings this whole thing to the level of "epic." Once again, congratulations on the bloggery. I'll bet I'll be coming back here in the near future to see more of your work.
Aridar
Aridar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xXBLACKDOOMXx Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

If i was the scout sent there, I would be scared. Just the sight of the dead bodies with the green skin tone, the blood writing of the word "run" on the wall, and the crashed starfighter. That is really amazing.
xXBLACKDOOMXx
xXBLACKDOOMXx
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremey Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:31 pm

this is a masterwork , i just love it the wor drun on the wall in blood is awesome Laughing and the detail Shocked
how long did you work on this Shocked ?? this is very nice keep op the good work want to see the next. Smile Smile

RULES & REGULATIONS

Please edit your post(s) and use proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, & punctuation. Thanks. CABG Staff

Read this before posting again. http://www.thecabg.net/the-guild-constitution-f1/the-constitution-t1.htm#1 CABG Staff
-DP
jeremey
jeremey

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow trooper Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok, this thing is just pure win! my favorite parts are the RUN on he wall, and the crashed starfighter. This is such a good moc, you should make this into a comic!
shadow trooper
shadow trooper
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RubbahBand Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 pm

This looks very cool! I like the bigness of it for some reason... Razz
RubbahBand
RubbahBand
Guild Member
Guild Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37639510@N08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tac Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Anomanzor wrote:This looks very cool! I like the bigness of it for some reason... Razz

That, Anomanzor, is what she said!

Y'all knew it was coming! Razz
Tac
Tac
Bley Junkie
Bley Junkie

Frightening Discovery onboard the NSR Andromeda (Sorry Zeph) - Page 2 Flag_u10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/commandertac/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOwnCreations Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Could you give us a link (because I don't see it if you have it somewhere) to the other side views? Thanks!
MyOwnCreations
MyOwnCreations
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:31 am

MyOwnCreations wrote:Could you give us a link (because I don't see it if you have it somewhere) to the other side views? Thanks!

Here ya go MOC, hope this helps. http://www.flickr.com/photos/31258471@N05/sets/72157620344715432/
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Zepher Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:34 am

I may have forgotten to comment. Embarassed

It's awesome! Seriously Revo, something new! The details on the wall are very cool, and the idea itself, while maybe not orginal, is fantastic! And fantastically done! You mopped the floor with me, and got TBB'd. What more is there to say? Wink
Zepher
Zepher
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://mocpages.com/home.php/8408

Back to top Go down

Post by legorevolution Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:48 am

Zepher wrote:I may have forgotten to comment. Embarassed

It's awesome! Seriously Revo, something new! The details on the wall are very cool, and the idea itself, while maybe not orginal, is fantastic! And fantastically done! You mopped the floor with me, and got TBB'd. What more is there to say? Wink

You've commented on other sites, and I basically knew what you meant. Wink Great moc-off Zeph, thanks for forcing even further out of my comfort zone. Smile
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesome-o-saurus Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:18 am

The RUN is a lie...

Seriously, that blood writing is freaking me out.
Awesome-o-saurus
Awesome-o-saurus
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2