Clone Army Builders Guild
Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Clone Army Builders Guild!
You are welcome to browse as a Guest, but we invite
you to take advantage of more abilities by registering
for our website, and applying to the Guild later on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)

+6
Clonecommando007
eclipsegrafx
GatheringStorm
Knight
legorevolution
Rook
10 posters

Go down

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Empty Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)

Post by Rook Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Set Review: 4181

Isla de la Muerta

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) 4181-1

As I've siad before I'm not big on set reviews but this was a must:

Stats:
Price: CAD 24.99
Pieces: 152

Actual Image
Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) IMG_3640

Pros:
Johnny Depp Minifigure.

Cons:
Everything! Note the fact the chrome gold pieces as shown on the box ARE NOT CHROME! Lego is getting some hate mail today! Mad

Summary:
Don't buy it. It's crap.

Letter sent by Rook to Lego.com/customer service:

Set: #4181 Isla de la Muerta

The fact that the chrome gold pieces, as shown on the box, ARE NOT CHROME! Lego has scammed me! This is FALSE ADVERTISING and must be rectified! Your product DOES NOT match what was shown and therefore why I decided to purchase this product! I bought it solely for the new chrome gold bars pieces and when I opened my box what did I find. Non-Chrome pieces! And the gold chrome coins were of course also not chrome.

This product is a hoax! A lie! A falsehood! Lego must recall, replacement, or other wise notify and rectify this to all customers. Lego should be willing to fix this by: customers may get their money back at store purchased with receipt (if not Lego Store or S@H) even if box is open and half the pieces are missing, a credit to their VIP account for the full value of the set if purchased at Lego Store or S@H, or if customer emails Lego's customer service /complaints or missing pieces and asks for the proper parts that are shown to be chrome on the box, to be shipped to them free of cost.

I’ve seen slight box errors like this in the past. I understand products and factory procedures change, but to introduce a new piece (the gold bar brick) and then to have it not be what it appears to be is simply robbery to the fan community. You literally suckered me into buying this based solely on a single new type and color of piece that is NOT in this product.

Last edited by Rook on Tue May 17, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Flag_c10

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11205069@N06/

Back to top Go down

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Empty Re: Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)

Post by legorevolution Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Well written. Way to take the innitiative. Hopefully they'll listen because I want actual chrome gold bar pieces too!
legorevolution
legorevolution
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Flag_u12

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legorevolution

Back to top Go down

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Empty Re: Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!)

Post by Rook Tue May 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Crazy thing is they even had a mat chrome "gold crystal" piece in this set. I would been happy with mat chrome but they showed glossy chrome and then put "gold-ish" pieces in the box! Flopping blastards! Embarassed

Edit: Moved to front page. I think the whole community needs to know not just the Guildies. Embarassed
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight Tue May 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I was excited for the gold bars, but I guess unless TLC changes them to chrome, I won't be buying any. Thumbs down
Knight
Knight
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by GatheringStorm Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Rest assured Rook, with a well written complaint letter like that you should receive replacement Chrome versions of the coins and the bar. There is a thread on the Brickset Forums dedicated to this falsehood and the people who complained were given chrome gold bars as well as chrome gold coins courtesy of TLC. I hope you are compensated in the same way.
GatheringStorm
GatheringStorm
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Flag_u10

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 pm

You know You CAN get your money back right? I know its not the point but you still can get your money back for this at your new local lego store.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clonecommando007 Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 am

Nice, you should add a poll about the chrome dealio and make it the front page poll!
Clonecommando007
Clonecommando007
Kinda like a UFO
Kinda like a UFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Troopa Daisy Wed May 18, 2011 3:25 am

Ah what a ripoff. Mad Thanks for notifying us Rook. Thumbs up

Also, please do tell us if LEGO does something to your complaint. I'd like to know what they're going to do. Wink
Troopa Daisy
Troopa Daisy
Halo Kitty
Halo Kitty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43597477@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthDane Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 am

Troopa Daisy wrote:Ah what a ripoff. Mad Thanks for notifying us Rook. Thumbs up

Also, please do tell us if LEGO does something to your complaint. I'd like to know what they're going to do. Wink

Yeah, that would be quite interesting.
DarthDane
DarthDane
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by superstormtrooper Sat May 21, 2011 2:01 am

All lego is now is basically making cheesy sets for an expensive price. Mad

Last edited by superstormtrooper on Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
superstormtrooper
superstormtrooper
Non-Guild Member
Non-Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthPineapple Sat May 21, 2011 8:07 am

superstormtrooper wrote:All lego is now is basically making cheesy sets for a expensive price. Mad

Yes, that is because $20 is way too overpriced for this set. I couldn't agree more. Roll Eyes
DarthPineapple
DarthPineapple
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Set Review: 4181 Isla de la Muerta (is CRAP!) Flag_n13

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Sat May 21, 2011 1:53 pm

I am not defending them but this figure does fall under the licensed $20 sets. 4 figures and just shy of 160 pieces. 2 figures with new hair pieces and the fact that its licensed forces them to cut back on the amount of pieces. None licensed sets are about 180 pieces.

I really don't understand the use of the fake gold pieces though. Does ANY of the sets use the chrome gold pieces? You would think that for a pirates set, especially one with movie reference, you would go with the gold.

Rook do you have a main contact at Lego? If you want I can find out about our contact at Lego and send it directly to him.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 pm

I got some lame response from customer service. Basically they have the coins in chrome but not the "new gold brick" pieces. So unless they can get me the new gold brick pieces in chrome then my verdict stands... Thieves! Mad Razz
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Rook wrote:I got some lame response from customer service. Basically they have the coins in chrome but not the "new gold brick" pieces. So unless they can get me the new gold brick pieces in chrome then my verdict stands... Thieves! Mad Razz

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekytom/5747349213/in/photostream

Someone on flickr seems to have had better results. Not sure if that helps you at all.
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

All they set me was chrome gold coins. No chrome bars.
Rook
Rook
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by eclipsegrafx Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Rook wrote:All they set me was chrome gold coins. No chrome bars.

BARNACLES! I too want gold bars. Sad
eclipsegrafx
eclipsegrafx
VIP Former Staff
VIP Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down